Royal Caribbean App

mom4mom

8 minutes ago, mom4mom said:

I was just reading about the RC app in the current newsletter and wondered if access to shipboard info is free or do we need to have an internet package?

I'm assuming free and offline. They wouldnt make you pay to order your dinner or a drink or open your cabin door imo. 

If you need online access they will just make it to allow access to the rcl site, not other sites. But it has to be free. Or most wouldnt use it, more trouble for them.

Edited by firefly333

Actually the free wifi connects the app, or your browser, to a bunch of things that many people don’t know about. Pax to Pax messaging. Reservation information for future cruises and pricing on RCL, X & AZ, soon adding SS? The Kid-Finder thingy. Apple’s website might still be accessible, not sure. Cabin keys, although that’s NFC, and not wifi. Charging to and reviewing your bill. I think there’s still some games on there, also not sure about that one. Oh, and the restaurant menu/reservation functions for were still there last time I was on Equinox. And, of course, the deck plans.

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

No, what does that mean? I've already downloaded it ahead of time, so I'm ready.

Actually the free wifi connects the app, or your browser, to a bunch of things that many people don’t know about. Pax to Pax messaging. Reservation information for future cruises and pricing on RCL, X & AZ, soon adding SS? The Kid-Finder thingy. Apple’s website might still be accessible, not sure. Cabin keys, although that’s NFC, and not wifi. Charging to and reviewing your bill. Ordering room service. I think there’s still some games on there, also not sure about that one. Oh, and the restaurant menu/reservation functions were still there last time I was on Equinox. There may be theatre reservations in there now. And, of course, the deck plans.

Edited by docruth