Need Opinions and a ?????

bonniemari

We had a condo in Gulfport MS that we have been going to in August for several years. Well thanks to Katrina it is no longer there. Thankfully all the employees were safe and sound but the condo is gone.

We usually don't cruise in summer-too many kids and hurricanes for me, but since i have 2 airline tickets I need to use before Oct 5 I am thinking about taking a cruise for my birthday end of August. Most of the kiddies will be back in school but that still leaves the hurricane question.

Three choices are Fasination out of Miami, Celebration out of JAX or Inspiration out of Tampa. Have cruised out of all those ports except JAX. Have also been to all the ports these ships go so now it is down to what ship is better to sail on.

I plan to use my CVC points for this cruise and also my airline vouchers for tickets we didn't use (had to drive to Miami for Valor last month due to DH eye surgery in Nov). Is it possible to get travel insurance? Technically I will not be spending actual $$$ on this trip cause of the points and the vouchers.

I wouldn't dream of booking a cruise in Aug w/o insurance.

Any comments on these 3 cruises would be welcome.

I have been on all three of these ships! By far my favorite for decor would be the Inspiration.

Yes, you can get travel insurance for your trip. There are several companies out there you can purchase it through. Someone here provided a link a while back to a page that took you through a series of options and then showed all the companies that would provide the services you need. Unfortunately, I don't have that link. Hopefully someone who does will read this and be able to provide it for you. Otherwise, do a search on google or call a travel agent.

Archived