Hi Costa Magica or Mediterranea.

JoeandSheryl

Hi JJ -

Went on Mediterranea last April and it was fantastic!!;) We are booked on the Magica this April 16th with my sister-in-law and her family. I am confident that it will be fabulous as well. Go with either and I am certain you'll have a great time!:)

Hi, we just got back yesterday from a back to back cruise on Mediterrenean and Magica, so I guess I'm the perfect guy to answer your querry.

First of all BOTH ships are excellent, we found the Magica to be a very FESTIVE and LIVELY ship. My main negative comment is that I found all the public bars, and there are many, to be too smoky:( :mad: :eek: . If you're a smoker then go for Magica, if not then go for the Med...:cool:

Enjoy.

Have you already been on your cruise or is it still coming up.

Thanks Joe and Sheryl

Nope, we leave Sunday on the Med. But I've cruised before and there is nothing like a balcony, especially in the morning, when you are getting ready for dinner and late in the evening.

Hi

Can you tell us more !!1

Which ship had the best food, entertainment ect.

We are trying to choose from a 04/28 cruise on the magica (inside for $1344 for two) or a 4/2 on Mediterranea (balcony for $1513 for two).

Thanks Joe and Sheryl:)

Read what the experts say,

CRUISING 2006

Cruise Cuisine

5 Cruises for Foodies

Foie Gras. Confit. Sashimi. Burre Blanc. To a select group of cruisers, such words evoke the same euphoria as Gucci or Cavali do for fashionisitas. Alan Krensky, president and CEO of the century-old Colpitts World Travel, has taken more than

SO cruises—and he’s partial to the culinary variety. Here is his list of the 5 best cruise ships for food lovers.

C’Lrh Y Cf?U1SE:i Six times a year, Michel Roux, a Michelin 3-star rated chef, evaluates the celebrity cruise line kitchens, including the century, constellation and Galaxy. Roux, who established London’s legendary Le Gavroche, has won the prestigious Meilleur Ouvrier de France en Patisserie. One of his mouthwatering specialties; rack of lamb en croute and mushroom duxelle wrapped in delicate puffed pastry Through March 12, the Infinity will feature appearances by other celebrity chefs, including Mien Susser of chef Mien’s in Miami, who specializes in so-called New World cuisine like grouper ceviche with caufrette potato and key limes. Mien and Giancarla Bodini, the chefs at Miami Beach’s Escopazzo, will provide cooking demonstrations as well as wine and rum tastings. Infinity sails to casa de campo, Dominican Republic and San Juan, Puerto Rico. http://www.celebritycruises.com; 800-647-2251; $L503-$13,103

.; Ca’E’AL J;f.s The Wine and Food Festival is available year-round aboard the luxury Serenity and Symphony ships. In addition to cooking classes and wine education, first-rate chefs like Alfredo Russo, owner/chef of Dolce SW Novo in Turin, Italy, and chef Gray Kunz of café Gray in New York, produce four-course feasts and

superb wine tastings. crystal has also created its own proprietary label called c Wines, featuring six new appellations, including three reserve and three premium selections of cabernet sauvignon, chardonnay and merlot. Specialties from Wolfgang Puck are showcased at Jade Garden, the intimate Asian restaurant aboard crystal Symphony. Poached lobster with lemon aioli or truffled baby artichoke salad can be sampled at Prego, crystal’s exclusive onboard Italian restaurant The destinations are as exotic as the food, including Dubai, costa Rica and cape Town. With 150 wine selections and a cellar stocked with 20,000 bottles, even discerning palettes are satisfied.

http://www.crystalcruises.com; 800-804-1500: $1,995 to $8,315

CARNIVAL C .;U SES chef Georges Blanc, who has maintained a 3-star Michelin rating for 25 years, creates his signature selections, six- and seven-course meals for the Spirit and conquest vessels. Food lovers sailing to the caribbean, Baja, Alaska or the Panama canal can savor grilled tiger shrimp with ginger lemon oil or free range chicken and foie gras terrine with candied grapefruit Partake by making reservations at the dinner clubs on select cruises. Gourmet fare is also served at casual poolside restaurants on Lido Deck. For yin fans, a variety of wines marketed under the Georges Blanc label are also served aboard Carnival ships.

http://www.carnivalcruises.com; 866-299-5698; $28244654

.,. COSTA CRUISES Chef Gualtiero Marchesi, who heads the world-renowned Ristorante di Gualtiero Marchesi in Erbusco, Italy, brings his Franciacorta wine region cuisine onboard. Guests dine amid Carrera marble, Murano glass and mosaic tile while sampling the gourmet fare at either Club vincenza or Club Medusa. Try the delectable antipasto, handmade pasta and native cheeses and desserts. An added bonus: complimentary onboard Italian lessons. http://www.costacruises.com; 800-462-6782; Costa’s Nag/ca or Nediterrania from $499-$1,099 year-round

. SEABOURN CRUISES Celebrity chef Charlie Palmer owns several acclaimed restaurants, including New York’s Aureole. He also runs the Chef’s Circle Cruises, four- to 34-day voyages on the Seabourn Spirit, Pride and Legend. Palmer’s cooking extravaganza supplies unparalleled delights—from butter-braised lobster to sauteed pheasant with crisp spring rolls, http://www.seaboumncom; 800-929-9391; $5,996 to $8,968

—Jenna Hollonder Essig

USMANJAR

Hi

Can you tell us more !!1

Which ship had the best food, entertainment ect.

We are trying to choose from a 04/28 cruise on the magica (inside for $1344 for two) or a 4/2 on Mediterranea (balcony for $1513 for two).

Thanks Joe and Sheryl:)

Hi Joe & Sheryl:

Sorry for the late reply, I was out of town.

Food is excellent on both ships.:D

I had a varandah on both ships and would not cruise anymore without one.

As a few other people have said, go for the balcony and you'll not regret it.

Enjoy your cruise.:)

Archived