Two wild and crazy women - FLL What to do?

w8ing2cruz

Ft. Lauderdale is a playground for grown-ups. Basically, in making your decision, you need to consider whether you are the party types who don't start until 11pm and carry-on into the night, or someone who likes to see lots of things but maybe in a slightly more sedate fashion.

I used to haunt South Beach Miami when younger - the clubs are some of the best and there is never a dull moment there. The beaches are, shall we say, risque compared to Ft. Lauderdale and just about anything goes and does happen. If this is your scene, book a South Beach Hotel and take a cab from FLL.

We tend to now hang around Ft. Lauderdale. If you like beaches and want to be on the beach, book a hotel on A1A, the Ft. Lauderdale strip (such a the Yankee Clipper, Marriott Harbor Beach, Yankee Trader, etc. If you just want a hotel to park you goodies, there are lots of 3 star choices near the airport. My favorite area is Las Olas, and you can take a water taxi from the A1A area, and it is a great way to see the canals of Ft. Laudedale. Many of the taxi drivers tell great stories! You might want to spend some time at the Hard Rock cafe, which has entertainment, gambling and good food. Or try this link for restaurant suggestions. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=291291

For mall shopping, Bal Harbour in N. Miami has some of the most exclusive stores close to FLL, and my favorite mall is Aventura, also N. Miami area. If you like the sounds of this area, stay in Hollywood/Hallandale Beach area.

Ivan - you know me too well - and this after sharing only a 7 day Southern Caribbean! Definately fun loving - maybe not too crazy. Sure wish you could come on this last minute 'shorty' - you'd love my sister.

Michmike - Racine is right out my back door. We're in the Lake Geneva area - would love to cancel cruise plans and come to Michigan - we're snowmobilers so we are REALLY hurting this year. I hear you guys have tons of it!! Think we'll beach it instead though. Thanks for the invite.

Bequia - Sloop John B's sounds totally up our alley - where does such a place exist? Almost leaning toward the Holiday Inn on Sunrise and A1A. Can we get there from HI without too much thinking?

Thanks for the reponses!! This last minute stuff is so fun! Booked a gtd first time in my cruising life - kind of excited as to what we may end up with. I'll just be happy to be floating!!!!!!!!!!

Ivan - you know me too well - and this after sharing only a 7 day Southern Caribbean! Definately fun loving - maybe not too crazy. Sure wish you could come on this last minute 'shorty' - you'd love my sister.

Michmike - Racine is right out my back door. We're in the Lake Geneva area - would love to cancel cruise plans and come to Michigan - we're snowmobilers so we are REALLY hurting this year. I hear you guys have tons of it!! Think we'll beach it instead though. Thanks for the invite.

Bequia - Sloop John B's sounds totally up our alley - where does such a place exist? Almost leaning toward the Holiday Inn on Sunrise and A1A. Can we get there from HI without too much thinking?

Thanks for the reponses!! This last minute stuff is so fun! Booked a gtd first time in my cruising life - kind of excited as to what we may end up with. I'll just be happy to be floating!!!!!!!!!!

You asked about the rest of 2005 once. Go to reddevilsports.com and click on football

Archived