Eastern Seaboard Explorer 2021

old biddy

We are due on this cruise in September but fully expect not to go. However both cruises, from Montreal and New York later this year are apparently no longer available to book via the Viking website. Our cruise is showing on my Viking Journey. I really can't believe both cruises are fully booked. 

Could some kind person in US, Canada, Australia or anywhere other than UK look to see if it available to book there? I am wondering if we Covid Variant riddled Brits are no longer wanted in US / Canada, or at least in the near future, I can fully understand if that is the case, I would just like to know.

I can book other cruises for this year so I don't think it a fault on the website,

Both Eastern Seaboard Explorer cruises for September 2021 are listed as sold outbon the Viking website.  I am in the US.  No future years are listed either.  There are only 2 such cruises listed for the year.  Given the uncertainty of multi country cruising this year, doing one that only involves 2 countries would be more probable.  If the US/CA border opens, then this cruise or the Alaska one would be popular.

3 hours ago, TayanaLorna said:

Both Eastern Seaboard Explorer cruises for September 2021 are listed as sold outbon the Viking website.  I am in the US.  No future years are listed either.  There are only 2 such cruises listed for the year.  Given the uncertainty of multi country cruising this year, doing one that only involves 2 countries would be more probable.  If the US/CA border opens, then this cruise or the Alaska one would be popular.

Thanks so much for your reply. Interesting they are listed as sold out. I still doubt that we will be welcome over the pond. We will just have to hold tight and see what develops. 

13 minutes ago, old biddy said:

Thanks so much for your reply. Interesting they are listed as sold out. I still doubt that we will be welcome over the pond. We will just have to hold tight and see what develops. 

We are on the flip side of this.  We are in the US and booked on the Sept. 1 cruise, In the Wake of the Vikings, which brings the ship from Bergen across the Atlantic to Montreal for the Sept. 15 Eastern Seaboard sailing, which is now listed as sold out, i.e. not available to book at this time.  However, our cruise, which goes to four ports in Canada, is still listed as available for booking, at least in the US.  I wonder if it is listed as sold out in the UK.  We are so hoping to be able to go.

12 minutes ago, old biddy said:

Well I gave a theory as to why it might be popular and sold out but there is also a possibility that Viking put Sold Out on that cruise because they may be thinking they have to cancel it.  Who knows.  

Apparently the Star does its transatlantic crossing called Bergen to Montreal on Sept. 1st.  There are still cabins left for this cruise.  If this cruise before yours is cancelled, then there will be no ship on the East Coast for your itinerary.

Lets hope we all get our vaccinations so we can travel worry free.

In the awake of the Vikings might go, since it will have several foreign ports at the start, it could just skip Canada and go down into the US.  After the Eastern Seaboard cruises, the Star does several Caribbean cruises in the fall, before starting the WC in Fort Lauderdale on Christmas Eve.  So Viking might feel it advantageous to bring the Star across and keep as close to its schedule as possible.  Just wishful thinking on my part, I guess.

55 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

We are on the flip side of this.  We are in the US and booked on the Sept. 1 cruise, In the Wake of the Vikings, which brings the ship from Bergen across the Atlantic to Montreal for the Sept. 15 Eastern Seaboard sailing, which is now listed as sold out, i.e. not available to book at this time.  However, our cruise, which goes to four ports in Canada, is still listed as available for booking, at least in the US.  I wonder if it is listed as sold out in the UK.  We are so hoping to be able to go.

Rest assured in the Wake of the Vikings is still available. Seemingly not a lot of availability but some.

43 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

In the awake of the Vikings might go, since it will have several foreign ports at the start, it could just skip Canada and go down into the US.  After the Eastern Seaboard cruises, the Star does several Caribbean cruises in the fall, before starting the WC in Fort Lauderdale on Christmas Eve.  So Viking might feel it advantageous to bring the Star across and keep as close to its schedule as possible.  Just wishful thinking on my part, I guess.

That is very good thinking. I get the feeling Canada is going to be more cautious opening their borders, so your thinking makes a lot of sense. As I've said before we will just have to bide our time and see what happens.

Just now, old biddy said:

That is very good thinking. I get the feeling Canada is going to be more cautious opening their borders, so your thinking makes a lot of sense. As I've said before we will just have to bide our time and see what happens.

And we are on the Star out of Ft. L on December 23, so we’ve got two dogs in this race, so to speak...