Onboard Expense Account question

crzn4fun

Sorry I don't know as we always use our RCCL VISA card to cover the Sea Pass. I think it would have to be something like $200 or so. I would also think they would stop charges once you hit over or near what you put on it and you would have to go by the pursers desk to increase it.

Two hundred is right. DO NOT USE A DEBIT CARD! I did that once and it was a disaster! They held some each day then charged on top of it. We were negative by the end of the week. It was a mess. We give them cash now ($1000.00) and it's VERY easy.

:confused: On the same topic, when I was on my one and only cruise to date, I was the third wheel by myself. I had my own card and all expenses were solely mine. What about couples? I know my DBF and I will have our own card, but will it be a joint account or is easier to put $ down seperately?

Thanks for the tips. :)

Answers!

Getting money back. It's easy. We just went to the pursers desk (guest relations) on the last night, after we bought our last drink and they gave us our money back. It took my husband about 5 minutes. It's just a really good way to do it if you are saving your credit card.

A joint account is easy. You can track it on the TV and yell at him for that extra drink (kidding). Gene and I share an account always. That's how they usually do couples.

If you have kids you can get their cards turned off. DO NOT trust them to doit when you check in. I have never had them manage it and others have had problems. Go to the Guest Relations desk and get them to turn it off. It's amazing what kids buy. They put some money on both the boys cards for the inevitable arcade runs.

Archived