Free drop-off charge for Enterprise at San Pedro?

We will be arriving at LAX and rent a car from Enterprise for several days. We would like to drop off the vehicle at San Pedro just before boarding on our cruise. Has anyone lately rented from Enterprise and dropped off their car for free? The Enterprise people said they charge $25, but I have read somewhere that if you cruise, it's free. Thanks for your help.

Ray and Barbara

we recently sailed on the sapphire princess out of san pedro (1/21-28)...we,too, rented an enterprise car at LAX and returned it to san pedro. there is NOT a drop off charge. drop ur passengers at the ship first then take the car to enterprise and they'll shuttle u back to the ship. they are only open until noon on saturdays, tho. if u get back later u can drop the car at a hotel (i don't remember the name) in long beach and they will shuttle u back from there.

there has been a lot of conflicting info on these drop charges, but be assured i checked and double and triple checked before we left and can tell u from personal experience THERE IS NOT A $25 DROP CHARGE!!!!

Nancy

Be sure and check the prices at the Hertz San Pedro location. Hertz does charge a drop fee, however this fee and the price of the cab ride to the pier was still less than the Enterprise rental charge for me last November. They will reimburse you a max of 10.00 for the cab fee if you are picking up at their location.

i reserved directly with the enterprise LAX office....we got a mini-van (we were 4 people with a lot of luggage) for 2 days and the total cost was $100 including all taxes and fees (NO drop fee). if u have an entertainment book, there is a coupon that u can use (i think it saved us 10 or 15%)....if u have any trouble..email me at oxmistress@aol.com and i'll give u my name and the dates and u can have them look up my reservation to confirm that we were not charged. i had called both LAX and San Pedro at least 4 times before we left to confirm the no drop fee...i was told that they do not charge for cruise passengers.

nancy

An update on our earlier post. We read today on the Internet and then called Discover about using our Discover Card cash back bonus (DOUBLE BONUS) when renting from Enterprise from LAX, plus, also there is no $25 drop-off charge at the San Pedro office. So for example, we are getting $40 worth of car rental instead of $20 in cash back from Discover from previous purchases. Not a bad proposition. If you are interested, you need to check your Discover Card website and/or your monthly statement. This special is limited time only, so you need to call now.

Ray and Barbara

Archived