laundrymat on Jewel

beebes

Any suggestions on the best time/day to use the laundry facilities? I was hoping not to have to use the laundry room, as I try to buy quick dry, no wrinkle fabrics and launder my own clothes I've been on over a dozen cruises and have yet to use the laundry facilites.

We'll be on the Jewel in October and on the Crown in March (07), both are 12+ cruises. I may need the facitities.

When we left on the Dawn (in January brrrrrrrr) we used the dryers to remove wrinkles, but that was it. Very nice facilities.

Any suggestions on the best time/day to use the laundry facilities? I was hoping not to have to use the laundry room, as I try to buy quick dry, no wrinkle fabrics and launder my own clothes I've been on over a dozen cruises and have yet to use the laundry facilites.

We'll be on the Jewel in October and on the Crown in March (07), both are 12+ cruises. I may need the facitities.

When we left on the Dawn (in January brrrrrrrr) we used the dryers to remove wrinkles, but that was it. Very nice facilities.

we have only used the laundry facilities on one cruise and that was the Jewell. Not only was it a 10 day cruise, rather cool weather resulting in heavier clothes but we had just finished 7 days in Europe. The first time we hit the room about 11am: busy, busy, busy; the second time we got there at 8:30am and it was fine. The clothes dry really fast. NMNita

NM Nita' date=' it sounds like you can't purchase soap at the laundry room location, but must go to reception first? Is this true? Kinda inconvenient, but it's good to know ahead of time.[/quote']

It is inconvenient but not a big deal. Of course for us it was fine as we were on deck 4. One more thing, the little Tide boxes says one load per box; don't believe it: you can get 2 loads out of one box. Your clothes won't be that dirty and the machines are a little smaller than regular ones. I suggest you purchase the soap the night before when you are wandering around the ship. NMnita

Archived