Problem Booking Shore Excursions Online - Anyone Else?

redheadskier

I have been trying for the last 2 weeks to book our shore excursions (using the advice is there is any side trip that would make/break your trip, book it)

ANYWAY

First I thought I was trying too early - message RESERVATION IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME PLEASE TRY LATER kept popping up:(

So I figured - wait til it is 4 weeks out. Waited. Tried again (and again) - Celebrity had this Troubleshooting site saying if your had Norton running, disable, or do this.... DID THAT. Also tried on 3 other computers - same problem:mad:

I also thought, well maybe it is just that destination, so I tried all the ports of call - No Go.

Is anyone else having this problem :confused: (by-the-way - I am not a Techno-Geek - I make my living working on a computer and used to be the network person at my "old" company)

At this point I am resigned to booking it when we get on the ship, but I would like to be assured of the Fury Catamaran in Cozumel....

Any suggestions? Anyone have the same problem? HELP!!!???!!!

I've had that same problem lately. All I can say is keep trying. I know it's frustrating, but I did finally manage to get them booked.

The weekends seem to be the hardest time to book, I've never been able to book one on Saturday or Sunday. During the week works best.

Terri

I agree with teedee--try it on a week day. I had the same issues when trying to book our excursions on the weekends---but on Tuesday it went right through!:confused:

I also agree with the make or break side trip advice---

by the time I did finally get through, one of the ones I wanted was gone--

it won't really ruin our whole trip--but I was really looking forward to it!!:(

Have a great cruise!!:)

I had the same problem accessing the shore excursion web page and called Celebrity

It turns out this is a known problem

Do not try to access this through the Celebrity web page and wait at least 20 minutes after you have last logged out of the Celebrity web page. Also turn off any pop-up blocker software you have running

Access the shore excursion page directly at

http://shorex.celebrity.com

We're on the same sailing as you are and I've been having the same problem until X sent me an email about planning our upcoming cruise. I was able to access everything through that. Of course by that time I had decided to book everything independently - oh well - hope that helps.

P.S. Are you driving or flying down to Miami - my husband is also on spring break and we're driving down through Charlotte(DD lives there) and than on to Savannah to pick up our friends. We usually take 75 South. We can do that trip in our sleep(YIKES - often times do!!!) First time on 95 South. Hope there aren't alot of construction zones. Does anyone know?

I have been trying for the last 2 weeks to book our shore excursions (using the advice is there is any side trip that would make/break your trip, book it)

ANYWAY

First I thought I was trying too early - message RESERVATION IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME PLEASE TRY LATER kept popping up:(

So I figured - wait til it is 4 weeks out. Waited. Tried again (and again) - Celebrity had this Troubleshooting site saying if your had Norton running, disable, or do this.... DID THAT. Also tried on 3 other computers - same problem:mad:

If you look at the 3rd thread in the list here in the Celebrity forum, it's called "Creating a FAQ: What you need to know...". The last posting in that thread may help you. I've included most of the possible problems, and the common solutions.

We discovered that sometimes it may be because you didnt log out properly the last time you were logged in or because your travel agent may be looking at your reservation at the same time. Sometimes the system is just wacko. I believe you can also call Celebrity and book them through the phone as well. This is just one of those things that takes patience and the knowledge that we have all gone through it.

Dawn - hope to meet you on the cruise! - I actually did try to book thru that celebrity email - no luck

I also tried the help link under FAQ - no luck

If all else fails I will either (a) call Celeb or (b) book on the boat

Glad (well not really glad, but glad to hear others were having the same prob) it is a system problem and not me!!!:confused:

We are flying down on Spring Break - unfortunately I let them book the air as it wasn't really any more expensive (and I figured if they handled it we weren't on our own) - unfortunately we don't get to FLL til 1:30 Monday so assume we won't get on board til 3:30 - 4 at the earliest - like I said, Celeb handled the booking and transfers...........

Glad I got the insurance :p - esp. after the blizzard this weekend - if it had been this Monday we were flying we would not have made it to Miami in time!!!

I had the same problem accessing the shore excursion web page and called Celebrity

It turns out this is a known problem

Do not try to access this through the Celebrity web page and wait at least 20 minutes after you have last logged out of the Celebrity web page. Also turn off any pop-up blocker software you have running

Access the shore excursion page directly at

http://shorex.celebrity.com

I had tried to go directly thru shorex.celebrity.com before and it didn't work (probably because I had logged into Celeb before) - this time I didn't and I got thru:D

THANK-YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Catamaran Beach Party Here We Come!:p Also booked the Conch Train (thanks to Tuggers) and the Ruins tour from Costa Maya

Had this problem too. Problem is the system only accepts it from one pathway. go to celebrity.com-click before your cruise,then book your excursions..works every time. celebrity knows they have this problem but have not fixed it yet. good luck

We have two cabins booked for an upcoming cruise. I can usually access the shore excursion booking page for one of the cabins, but not for the other. The same thing has happened to me in the past. Very weird!:confused:

Had this problem too. Problem is the system only accepts it from one pathway. go to celebrity.com-click before your cruise,then book your excursions..works every time. celebrity knows they have this problem but have not fixed it yet. good luck

Perry903, Thanks! I've been having trouble for weeks and when I followed your path, I got right in!!!

First time on 95 South. Hope there aren't alot of construction zones. Does anyone know?

Can't help you north of Melbourne, but the only road construction south of there on 95 is in Palm Beach. Traffic there slowed for several miles but as soon as we cleared the construction, (1/28/06) it was smooth sailing.

I had the same problem with excursion rerservations, and thanks to canderson, was able to reserve them through the "before you cruise" tab on the celebrity.com main page. Do not log in. This is the only way it seems to work. I agree it is not very user friendly. Another glitch on the website comes when you try to "link your reservations" with those of your traveling companions. You can enter the info, but there is no way to save it. I tried it for three days and even had our computer expert at work help me. I finally had to e-mail celebrity and have them do it. Why provide a "link your reservations" page to your clients with no way to save the info? It makes no sense to me. Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm suprised to hear this is still going on. I had the same problem last year trying to book excursions through Celebrities website. It took several phone calls to get things straightened out. I wasn't impressed with a lot of the service I recieved from Celebrity. The cruise part was okay but the front offices have serious issues.

Archived