back from glory..any questions

greg randall

i got the scoop

How was the entertainment. Or should I say how is the entertainment if you are over 50 and enjoy good music and dancing? HJow would you rate your overall cruise? Food etc. Did you go East or West.. Tell us about it..

i thought the entertainment was incredible..i was left saying "wow" after all the main shows..if you like singing and dancing with energy than the shows are for you..my mom is 60 and she commented that she had never seen such talent on a boat..she has cruised a good bit. the wednesday night deck party was a total blast. wee jimmy is an absolute nut. the dating game was hysterical. the food was just above average..the beef was a gamble. the fish was extraordinary. the desserts were great if you chose the right one. the ship was beautiful and clean..i went on the eastern side...i have done the western..after both, i say st thomas and st maarten are much better stops..the ship was full of older folks last week..probably 40%. i sat with many at breakfast. all were having a good cruise. i rate my cruise a 7 out of 10...

yes, marcus anthony was onboard. his brother was a comedian and was hilarious..marcus brought the house down with his performance. he ended with three marvin gaye tunes that were phenomenal..my room was #2207, main deck..i am single so it still cost me $972...my parents had a junior suite wich was fantastic..hard wood flooring in the foyer area, a seperate sitting area for my mom and a huge bathroom. did not do any excursions. we had a catamaran excursion planned in st. thomas but it was cancelled due to small numbers..i was shocked..i figured it would be sold out..go figure...i was glad in the end because we went to sapphire beach. that place is wonderful.

b-farty nine. he also was great at the deck party. if you guys have ever been on the glory, bingo is played every stinkin night. it is played from 9:30 to 10:30...the first forty five minutes of that time is getting everybody a card..it can get monotonous..one night wee jimmy brought a little kid up onstage with a quarter..he had this little kid hopping and yelling and plain being stupid to try to get his coin to dissapear. it was hilarious..at one point, he told the kid he was trying to hard and to relax his stomach muscles. he told the kid that if he kept his stomach muscles tight that he was gonna let a fart go and blow down the curtain..i am dying just thinking about it..Of course, in the end, the kid could not make the quarter dissapear..wee jimmy promised the kid that when he woke up in the morning that there would be a five dollar bill under his pillow..as the kid was leaving the stage jimmy found out who the kids parents were and told them not to make him look like an idiot..haha

Hey Greg, glad to hear all the good things about the Glory ! We're taking my brother and his wife on their very first ever cruise on the Glory in just about two weeks from now ! We want to take them to the Emerald Club for dinner, but can't decide on a night, and all the menus I've seen posted don't agree with what the cruisers are saying they had. I'm thinking maybe Monday night, assuming that formal nights are Sunday and Thursday. Do you happen to remember any of the menus? Gee, I don't ask for much, do I ? lol.

i never ate in the emerald club..It is difficult to remember. The menus were fancy..the main menus did not match with what was on our tv..the tilapia is outstanding..the prime rib is good, beef wellington was so so, beef fillet was chewy, my dad said the toms turkey was good, but he thinks boston market is great. The dining room is a gamble. all other stuff is great.

Archived