I wonder....Upgrade Question

kstmommy

Hi guys! Here's the situation. I booked a cruise for my mom and myself. Got a great rate and booked 4A Guarantee, paid deposit. Drove myself effin nuts looking online at rates and found a $100 discount from what we paid, to a 4C specific cabin. I debated about what to do, because I've gotten a good upgrade before when booking guarantee, but the $100 was sure calling my name. Sooooo, I ended up calling and getting the 4C with $100 off our total. Paid the final payment.

So, last week my niece decided to go. We suspected this, so intentionally picked a triple cabin when booking, so we added her no prob. Now, here I am, driving myself crazy again looking at rates, wishing so bad we even had a chance to upgrade, and we don't. I asked our PVP, who is really nice, but not crazy about discounts/upgrades, if there was a chance and she said NO. So, I'm kinda back to wishing I stuck with Guarantee. My question is this...

Do you think I could keep my rate and downgrade my cabin to Guarantee?

I can tell that my PVP does not find me amusing calling all the time asking about prices and upgrades, but geesh!

Seems to me you've gotten a good deal already, with your assigned 4C cabin. I'd just let it go. Remember - just because you've gotten a good upgrade by booking 'guarantee' before doesn't mean it will happen again. Look at all those who don't get upgrades. Hope you and mom and niece have a great cruise together.:)

Hey Cotton and GoinCruisin, Does Carnival allow triple and quad GTY bookings? I know one of you will have the answer...was trying to figure it out for another person, know that some lines only allow specific cabins (no GTY) for 3/4 bookings, but it seems online that Carnival will let you go with a GTY booking with 3, so wanted to clarify.

Thanks guys! I know we have a great deal and we'll have fun no matter what! :)

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm fairly certain that if you book Guarantee, it's for up to 4 people, and you'll more than likely end up in a cabin suitable for how ever many people are in your party.

I asked our PVP, who is really nice, but not crazy about discounts/upgrades, if there was a chance and she said NO. So, I'm kinda back to wishing I stuck with Guarantee. My question is this...

I can tell that my PVP does not find me amusing calling all the time asking about prices and upgrades, but geesh!

Once again, PVPs like discounts and upgrades just a smuch as you do.. but they are not magic, and can't create them where they do not exist. trust me when I tell you, a PVP can not "create" an upgrade or discount where one is not available. You can keep calling your PVP in case something opens up, but persistence won't enable your PVP with extra powers they don;t already have.

Hi guys! Here's the situation. I booked a cruise for my mom and myself. Got a great rate and booked 4A Guarantee, paid deposit. Drove myself effin nuts looking online at rates and found a $100 discount from what we paid, to a 4C specific cabin. I debated about what to do, because I've gotten a good upgrade before when booking guarantee, but the $100 was sure calling my name. Sooooo, I ended up calling and getting the 4C with $100 off our total. Paid the final payment.

So, last week my niece decided to go. We suspected this, so intentionally picked a triple cabin when booking, so we added her no prob. Now, here I am, driving myself crazy again looking at rates, wishing so bad we even had a chance to upgrade, and we don't. I asked our PVP, who is really nice, but not crazy about discounts/upgrades, if there was a chance and she said NO. So, I'm kinda back to wishing I stuck with Guarantee. My question is this...

You always have the option of paying for the upgrade to the cabin category that will really make you happy..... I did that and it took a lot of pressure off me.... (OV guarantee to Balcony)

Hey Cotton and GoinCruisin, Does Carnival allow triple and quad GTY bookings? I know one of you will have the answer...was trying to figure it out for another person, know that some lines only allow specific cabins (no GTY) for 3/4 bookings, but it seems online that Carnival will let you go with a GTY booking with 3, so wanted to clarify.

They do for 4A-4D, 6A-6D. It is when you get to the Suites that a Qty can only be done with 3 people. If you try to do 4 people, it will only show Cat 12 with no GTY option.

Dave

i am booked on the ecstasy for 2/20/06 with a guaranty for 3 people. i booked in 2/10/06 and received an upgrade today of an outside cabin.

i also have the conquest booked for 4/16/06 for a cabin for 4, balcony guarantee. i booked this one around christmas.

Archived