On Your Own Excursions - Last off?

Trail46

Wondering when passengers not on ship excursions can get on the tenders. Also, can anyone tell me which of these ports are docked and which require tenders? On the Constellation:

Charleston, Grand Bahamas, Nassau,St. Maarten, St. Thomas, San Juan.

Very grateful for these boards - it has really helped immensely in my (over)planning!

St Thomas and San Juan are docked. I would "assume" Charleston is as well considering that it is a huge port.

In my recollection, seems as if when tenders are involved, the only exceptions are CC which get priority exodous.

Which trip are you on? Does it depart from SC?

St Martin can be either tendered or docked, depending on how many other ships are in port. When tendering in people on ship sponsored excursions get priority. Elite Captain's Club members also get priority tenders.

Terri

Thanks! We're on March 26th Constellation from NJ. Wasn't going to go on any ship-sponsored shore excursions, preferring to be on our own, but perhaps we should reconsider - don't want to be waiting forever to get off the ship when tenders are used! Any advice is most welcome.

Most likely, you won't need to tender at any of the ports--GB is the only one I don't know for sure. (Any of them could be based on traffic other issue but in never have seen it in St Martin, San Juan, Nassau, St. Thomas etc.

Normally, those with priority tender passes are fewer than the tender will carry so while you will have to wait in line, you might get off just as fast.

Archived