Rotterdam Signature Suite

Ash1982

I was just comparing Rotterdam to the other two Pinnacle ships (Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam) on HAL's website, and the Signature Suite bed configuration is listed as a queen while the first two ships offer kings for this stateroom category. Does anyone know if this is a misprint? (I know no one's sailed her yet; perhaps though someone knows via other means.)

Other differences between the Signature Suite staterooms on the website are that Koningsdam and Rotterdam include a tub with a separate stall, while Nieuw Statendam mentions just a shower. Has anyone sailed either Koningsdam or Nieuw Statendam in a Signature Suite that can confirm bathroom setup?

I find it slightly odd that three ships of the same class -- and with the same capacity, because that can change among classes sometimes -- would have different builds for the same room category. 

Thank you!

16 hours ago, Ash1982 said:

I was just comparing Rotterdam to the other two Pinnacle ships (Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam) on HAL's website, and the Signature Suite bed configuration is listed as a queen while the first two ships offer kings for this stateroom category. Does anyone know if this is a misprint? (I know no one's sailed her yet; perhaps though someone knows via other means.)

Other differences between the Signature Suite staterooms on the website are that Koningsdam and Rotterdam include a tub with a separate stall, while Nieuw Statendam mentions just a shower. Has anyone sailed either Koningsdam or Nieuw Statendam in a Signature Suite that can confirm bathroom setup?

I find it slightly odd that three ships of the same class -- and with the same capacity, because that can change among classes sometimes -- would have different builds for the same room category. 

Thank you!

Can't answer your question about king vs queen bed on Rotterdam except to tell you that my TA has told me that what they consider queen in Europe looks more like our king size.  We sailed Konigsdam last year in a signature suite.  Bed was king and might have even been what we call a California king.  There was no tub --shower only.  The catty-corner toilets are interesting for someone with long legs 🙂 but, otherwise, the SS was good for us.  We sail Rotterdam next October in SS and the major difference I could determine from the diagram, is that you might not be able to see out the veranda window from bed.  We're so spoiled!!

Hello, we have sailed in an SS in both the Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam. It seemed both beds were king, but I can’t confirm that for sure. However, the bathrooms were quite different. Koningsdam had a tub with jets and no shower. Then there was a very small stall shower next to it. Much too small and in fact by pictures it looks smaller than in regular cabins. The NS had no tub and a huge, luxurious shower with multiple jets, it was amazing. I am only hoping that the Rotterdam follows the design of the NS, which seems likely to me despite the diagram. The NS was the second build in the Pinnacle class and they changed (improved) the design. Let’s hope!

22 hours ago, Ash1982 said:

Thank you!

This is how it shows on a booking confirmation:
image.thumb.png.0828f4b5e76ac524bf64060ebffb9565.png