Return Flight Time Changed 6 hours - Now what do we do?

CruzinSouth

Just wondered if anyone could give us some suggestions. We are cruising on the Freedom in October and because I could get a non-stop flight with great times (at the time), and a great price, I went on and purchased our tickets with American Airlines. I just happened to notice the other day that they have now changed our return flight from 2:15 to around 8:30 which doesn't get us home until around 11:30 p.m. Not only will we be getting home after midnight and we have to work the next day, this also means that we have do find something to do all day. We have already taken an excursion to the Everglades and even if we did that, we still got to the airport by 2:30. I really don't want to sit around the airport all day, but I don't have any idea as to what to do or what we could do with our luggage. Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It wasn't AA, but the same thing happened to someone on my roll call, twice. He just called the airline and had them switch the flight back to something more reasonable. The agent did so on the pohone with no problems both times. Apparently, the computer makes the change and it takes a live person to tell that it is not 'comparable' to the original flights.

If the airline changes your flight more than an hour or so they will switch you to another flight without cost. Check their website to find a flight you want, then call them and ask that they put on the earlier flight (make sure there are seats first). They will usually be happy to do it.

Hi, We were just notified last night that our flight was changed on US AIR to another time. The new time gave us 33 minutes to change plans in Boston after arriving there from San Juan. We were to leave san J. at 1:05 and they changed us to leave San J. at 3:30 thus the 33 mnuites for the change in Boston for our connecting flight to Buf. If the plane was delayed for just a few minutes in San J. I know we would have missed the connection. I got on US Air site very quickly to see what other flights left San J, that I could change to. I found 2, so I wrote down the times, flight times etc. and called US Air and told them the change would not work for me at all. (After connecting to a couple of other operators) I gave the operator a couple of alternatives and she put me on one of those flights. No problems at all. I was shocked...I thought I would have a very hard time getting another flight. I think because I had the other flight info. right in front of me really helped. Last July , my flights were also changed to something that wouldn't work, so I got on the phone and did the same thing, BUT that time I didn't have the other flight info. in front of me..AND it was harder, I had to talk to several people to get it changed. You know... transferred from one dept. after another. After being on the phone for one whole hour it was changed. What a trying experience. Then, last night I got the email from Orbitz that my flight was change ...I said OH NO not again. :( But as I said it was worked out very easily. So give it ago and good luck. Best wishes, Knarf (Frank backwards)

Archived