Taxi fare to beaches negotiable?

Warm-Water Diver

I've been reading the posts for awhile and was going to check out the Pineapple Beach day pass (45 per person for adult; 25 for kids) but I've been told that cab fare to that beach will run about 32 one-way. That's expensive and at an 80 RT cabfare I'm seriously having second thoughts about going anywhere on the island.

Does anybody know of any cheaper ways to get a cab/van or possibly to negotiate the fare down on ANTIGUA?

when u put it like that, i think you are better off doing an excursion. you will get a huge lunch and drink as much as you want and not pay any transportation fees for less than the 85 per person. I am sure that you can find many excusions with lunch that will be cheaper. you will also see more and probably do more. personally, i don't find the $85 per person for a day at pineapple that bad. I have paid way more for crappy hotels in orlando with no free drinks or anything else. its a long drive out to pineapple and cabs are not cheap in these isalnds. i guess its because when we buy a car here we have to pay 60% import tax before we drive it off the lot.

Archived