Just so you know

tuggers

I guess I misunderstood or am too feeble to be doing things myself or SOMETHING!!

Celebrity did not give me back all the cruises that I booked on board the Century through the FC Mgr as I posted earlier. Turns out it was only selected ones. I don't know who I'm madder at, myself for not getting it all in writing or X for being such turkeys.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know, they haven't quite turned out to be the good guys I thought. Now I'll just crawl into my corner and cry for a while. Frustration and anger. I've about had enough. That Princess food is sounding better and better!

This has to do with 9 cruises that I booked while onboard Century with the Future Cruise Manager which she failed to deposit. I lost the prices (good ones as some were the Thanksgiving week specials) and the cabins. After weeks of working with X through my ta, I thought it was all taken care of. Imagine my surprise when I was told that a series of b2b2b2b's had been reduced to ONE cruise! Since I had posted the good outcome, I wanted to let everyone know that X wasn't quite as up and up as I thought!

Hi Gail,

Sorry, things are going so badly, I e-mailed you a few days ago, nothing important, just keeping in touch. It's just a shame everything got so messed up for you. We're going to miss you next month. We're used to seeing you here and there...LOL

Tugger...I own a small business. We dream of customers that show your kind of loyalty...:(

Money talks, and money also walks.

I really hope it works out. I'm sure there's 100 excuses, however the proof of this lines professionalism will be in resolving this and keeping a proven "gold" customer, happy. Looks like a long road back at this point.

I run into these issues, on a much smaller level, every so often...we have a group of long term, solid customers, that the standing rule is "just keep them happy". These people are not demanding, they just want to be handled fairly...and I hope we always have.

Good luck...

Gail, I am like Danno.

I just don't understand how one cruise line could mistreat a customer who sails as much as you do and who shows all signs of continuing to sail frequently.

Maybe they are miffed that you jumped to Princess and to MSC for a couple of cruises.

I can see how some of the cabins you wanted may have been booked by someone else in the meantime, butt he least they can do is put you on a wait list (or upgrade you!!) for t he ones you want at the price you expect.

It gives us all a nlew picture of X Customer Service!

love

joan

Please don't cancel the Zenith cruise. I am still not real happy with that roll call.

Phil, just back from a 2 week Princess and it was good.

Cil, no email from you except the one today. Lost in Space????

Danno, could you give a few seminars to X customer service and on up a few levels?

JoAn, no way! I am on about 4 of those b2b2b2b and I'm staying!! I LOVE that ship and can't think of a better way to spend a few weeks. So what's the deal on your surgery?

Thanks for the lift guys. I just sat down last night and cried for a while. I was SO disappointed that I just couldn't see how I ever wanted to come on here or go on X again. I am that tired of it. But after staying off the boards last night a group of friends emailed me this morning and gave me the support I needed to say, what the heck! It's not the end of the world. So here I am again, posting away!

I have to wonder if your case made it to the right people. It should be a simple business decision at the very least. They will lose X$ if you take your business elsewhere, plus X$ times Y people more from the people that read your post and go elsewhere. The smart thing for the revenue people to do is to go out of their way to fix your issue and possibly even an upgrade. You would probably then make a post that said what a great experience you had and bring your X$ plus X$ time Y people's additional revenue with you turning a very negative experience into a very positive one with very beneficial results all the way around. With the very best companies, however, even this wouldn't be necessary. They are just going to do what is right because it is right.

Oh Gail, it sounded like it was all going to work out for you! I am so sorry to see that X has failed to resolve their huge mistake with your bookings. I just wish they could see how badly they have messed up and how many people this will affect. You have such a following on these boards and we all value your comments, good or bad. Celebrity will lose more than one customer before this is over.

I've been showing my husband some of these posts and he's convinced that we should just defect to Princess for our next cruise. He liked Celebrity and Princess equally anyhow so it's no big deal to him.

I hope this isn't over and they come back to you with a solution in the next few days. It's in their best interest to keep you happy so we all keep sailing with them!

Good luck!

Karen

Gail,

I've been quietly following this saga AND really wanting X to do right by you. That would have been great for you, great for X's PR and great for all of us who have been loyal to X. Perhaps some kind of communication from a 'group' of loyal cruisers to someone high up the feeding chain would be helpful. When I had a serious concern about how discounts were being handled on the Xpedition, I sent a letter to the President of X that was forwarded to the head person at the Captain's Club. She was excellent to work with and resolved the issue to both of our satisfactions. While I usually follow the chain of command (I've been in management most of my working life), there are times when going to the top (nicely) is the only thing that gets attention.

Gail, I, too, am so sorry about Celebrity's FC consultant being inefficient and you having to not only suffer, but be inconvenienced as a result. I did miss you on this board last night, but I put it down to either 'the weather' or that you were already on another cruise.

It seems to me, from the Cruise Critic postings I've read over the last four years, that Celebrity is increasingly ignoring the responsibilities of customer service that should be due to their loyal and frequent passengers.

Having just spent 11-1/2 weeks getting a luggage issue straightened out and having to explain the history -- ad infinitum -- to each of the many, many different Customer Service people we had to deal with, I understand your frustration and exhaustion. (It was enough to keep me off this board for a couple of months:eek: ). It took a four-pronged approach (our TA, our own following up, our lawyer's emails and, finally, a 'letter to the President' ) to resolve our problems. BTW this was not an airline lost luggage situation, unless we consider cruiselines run by airline executives as being a factor :D )

Gail, I hope you find the energy to pursue this further -- and if you can't find that energy, I hope your TA can and does. I agree with spengle

"Perhaps some kind of communication from a 'group' of loyal cruisers to someone high up the feeding chain would be helpful. When I had a serious concern ... I sent a letter to the President of X ... While I usually follow the chain of command ..., there are times when going to the top (nicely) is the only thing that gets attention."

You should not have to give up any of the advantages of your missing four (of your nine) pre-arranged cruises because somebody (or somebodies) at Celebrity was too overwhelmed to do their work properly. IMHO you should actually be rewarded for your perseverance and loyalty. Celebrity should reinstate those four missing cruises, with all their advantages as you arranged on board, AND you should be honoured with a totally complimentary cruise - for being one of Celebrity's best "word of mouth" marketers.

Good luck, Gail and keep your spirits up. You are a valuable asset to this board.

Terry

Archived