Travel insurance with Banks for UK 2021 cruises

Lynnewob

I've posted this on the Princess & Celebrity forums as they are also doing UK only cruises this year and thought it may be useful for anyone saying on Disney too.

The Bank's are starting to update their insurance to cover cover cruises for UK guests this year.

I have an RBS Platinum account which is underwritten by UK Insurance Ltd.  I think NatWest have the same cover.

If you want a downloadable letter, log into your account, click on the travel insurance " use benefit".  

This opens an important information page re: Covid.   There is a "confirmation of cover" box which shows details of the Insured people/account holder and cover.

Then click to download "confirmation of cover document" just above that.  This doc sets out the cover personalised to you with the important paragraphs below:

UK Cruise

As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic some UK cruise providers now require travel insurance to provide at least £2,000,000 of cover for emergency medical and repatriation costs. In response to this change we are extending our limit for UK cruises departing in 2021.

This policy will provide cover for emergency medical and repatriation costs up to £10,000,000 when you are travelling on a UK cruise that departs in 2021. The cruise duration must be for a minimum of 2 nights for cover to apply.

You must ensure you meet all the conditions of carriage for your cruise provider.

Hope this helps anyone with insurance within their bank accounts. 

I think Nationwide and Barclays have something similar, so worth checking.

• Like 1