Anyone else Galaxy Aug 4, 2006?

jcbbjb

I have posted on the Roll Call, but thought I would check here as well. Is there anyone else sailing on the Galaxy Aug 4th? If so, anyone interested in splitting a private tour of the Amalfi coast and Herculaneum? We are a family of four-- our two boys are 11 and 14.

Thank you!

Howdy Jcbbjb!

Just my Money_2_cents_prv.gif... and maybe a little bit more!

You & your fellow Roll Call members should advertise your Roll Call in your signatures with an invitation for others to join and show the link. Here it is: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=252420 Feel free to copy and paste it into your signature. That way, every time any of you post on any forum or thread, it is "out there" for all to see. I'm sure you have seen them on other poster's signatures by now. (I just wish I had one down there in mine along with a countdown clock right now instead of just a list of my previous cruises, but my next cruise has not been picked.) Hopefully, any Cruise Critic member that will be on your cruise will see the invitation and link in the signatures, click on it, and then post on your Roll Call to join in. When they do, the Roll Call members should post a welcoming message and take the on-line relationship from there. Remember, only about 1% of the cruising public are members here at Cruise Critic. You will not be hearing from every passenger on your cruise. With a little advertising, and as the time for your cruise draws near, you will have more folks joining in.

You and your fellow Roll Call members will need to post often on your Roll Call thread to keep it toward the top of the front page of the Galaxy Roll Call Forum. That way the other members that want to join can find it easily. On my last Roll Call, we chatted and supported each other during that long countdown time until our cruise with all sorts of postings about our upcoming cruise as well as most everything going on in our lives. Of course, we tried to be careful by safeguarding our personal info. Without our Roll Call, we would have never had so much support for each other for the good and bad times during our countdown such as Katrina & Rita, the birth of a grand-baby, adults with chicken pox, surgeries & hospital stays, birthdays, anniversaries, engagements, graduations, cruises being canceled, death of a beloved pet, all sorts of weather from all over the world (we were from the USA, the UK, Canada, & Hong Kong), drink & food recipes, car wrecks, holidays, tips on cruising and info about the ship & ports since quite a few of our Roll Call members were Rhapsody of The Seas repeaters. Some of us chatted daily about most everything going on in our lives, not just questions and answers about cruise stuff, to keep our Roll Call on the first page. It will start out slow, but will gain momentum as more members join and the excitement of your embarkation day nears.

Also, while checking out & posting on the other forums & threads here on Cruise Critic, look for other posters that mention their ship & date in their post or signature that is the same as yours. Then post a reply to them on that thread welcoming them to join your Roll Call and tell them about the link in your signature. I "roped" in a few folks that way myself from the First Time Cruisers Forum!

Some Roll Calls have someone in charge of receiving e-mailed pictures of the Roll Call members and then posting them on a website somewhere. That way the Roll Call members can go there to "see" what everyone looks like! That makes it so much easier for everyone to recognize each other when you finally get to meet. It also helps to have a face in mind as you chat on the Roll Call.

Don't forget to read the post from LauraS regarding Celebrity Connections Information and Registration. Click here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=202474 You might want to add that link to your signature too if your cruise qualifies. Be sure to ask your new Roll Call members as they start posting on your Roll Call if they have signed up.

Also, it would have been best for you not to have made your type of post on the Celebrity Forum. It may be deleted by the Moderators since the only place you can post about sharing tours is in the Roll Call for your cruise per the FAQ and Guidelines up above on the blue bar as well as in the Announcements or Stickys at the top of many forums.

I sincerely hope you do not mind my suggestions!

Have lots of 080402gudl_prv.gif with your Roll Call, and a wonderful cruise too!!

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

Archived