Question about Water Bottle...

bronco881

Ok, so I'm not a huge fan of paying for water, particularly when I already paid for an "all inclusive" or "mostly inclusive" cruise. That being said I usually drink only water at home. I've read on this board you have to pay for bottled water with gratuity added or you can drink tap water. My question is - If you want to carry water around with you throughout the ship do you recommend bringing a bottle for it or will they allow you to brink your glass with you? Or how is this typically handled. Or maybe I should stick to margaritas!

Thanks!

I always just get a glass of water wherever I am (the ship's water is as good or better than bottled water). There is no problem carrying any glasses around the ship (with either water or alcohol in them).

You can always get a glass of water from any of the bars or the Windjammer. I carry a wide-mouth Nalgene water bottle that I got at a camping store. The wide mouth makes it easy to fill with a couple of glasses of water to take with me. I thought the tap water on the ship tasted just fine.

There have been several posts on here concerning water on the ship. Popular opinion is that the water on the ship is as good as any bottled water. I also drink lots of water and have never had an issue with ship water. I would not pay for water on the ship.

Thanks everyone! I'm not worried at all about the water on the ship. My question was more about how to carry it around. Sounds like it'll be a non issue and that they won't have a prob. with me carrying either a glass or my own sports bottle.

Heck I only drink tap water at home! I won't pay for it here either! We have a well.

Thanks again!

i too had the same issue back in 1991 when the wife and i went on our first rccl cruise on the monarch of the sea's...the water on the past 13 rccl cruises has been just fine...at dinner i may go thru 5 or 6 glasses and it's just fine...just like the water back home...in fact it's better then the water at home...you can also get bottled water at any of the port of calls and bring it back on with you...can also do the same with soda pop if you wabnt...if you don;t have a refrig. in your cabin ask the cabin attendent for a coleman cooler...and a little tip...and mysteriously a cooler full of ice will appear in your room...enjoy the trip of a life time...try a couple of foo foo drinks also...

Thanks everyone! I'm not worried at all about the water on the ship. My question was more about how to carry it around. Sounds like it'll be a non issue and that they won't have a prob. with me carrying either a glass or my own sports bottle.

Use the sports bottle for safety reasons. You don't want to drop a glass in the pool area where people are barefoot.

Use the sports bottle for safety reasons. You don't want to drop a glass in the pool area where people are barefoot.

That's why you just get a glass of water from the pool bar - they use plastic glasses instead of real glasses, at least for the water.

Archived