best site for tracking available cabins?

trcori

Hi all.

Trying to keep an eye on what's left cabin-wise on our upcoming 4/1/06 Galaxy cruise, as I ponder upgrading.

Yes, I do have a TA, but I don't want to keep asking her every day "what's open today? what's open today?"

I know Travelocity has that "Intellideck" feature -- but it seems to show a maximum of 7 cabins at a time. Somehow I suspect there MAY be a few more per category.

Is there ANY site where a non-TA person can go to truly see ALL the available cabins on a given cruise?

tia, t.r.

BUT, occupancy is a critical competitive issue. You will not find any more than that anywhere.

Even on Celebrity, there are times when they only show 3 or 4 and Travelocity will show 7.

If you cracked the code. Don't book, sell your expertise to the competitors, that is how valuable occupancy info is to every line.

There is one issue to keep an eye out for....interline rates. These are the special rates available ONLY to travel industry personnel (airline employees).

When those rates are published (sometimes 60-30 days prior to sailing on RCi and Celebrity) cabins so FAST. So you are playing a bit of a gambling game by waiting as your cruise gets closer.

Imagine the tension of an airline employee hoping good cabins are available close in to sailing date!

Sometimes it seems like they are all available or at least so many you worry. There is a Century sailing in March I am hoping to go on. I can't tell you about a particular site but as an outside agent I can access the cabins not shown by trial and error. Funny thing is, the seven they give are usually the best available, believe it or not. I was surprised. My sailing in March may be hinged on space so I was checking cabins and found a LOT of available space. That is how I can promise you that those seven are some of the best located available.

If you surf long enough you may find one site that will have a box at the bottom of the list of seven and it will say. "Don't see one you like"..and it will have a box to type a number in and a request button. I am sure I have seen some like that besides the agent sites. Good luck.

If you surf long enough you may find one site that will have a box at the bottom of the list of seven and it will say. "Don't see one you like"..and it will have a box to type a number in and a request button.

You can do this on Celebrity's website, when you go through the steps in the "Planning A Cruise?" section.

Archived