shore excursions 13, 8 and 2yrold

logger

We Are On The Sun March 4/06- Have Booked The Dolphin Encounter In Tortola, But Have Not Booked A For Cayo Levantado Or St. Thomas. Wondering If Anyone Has Any Suggestions For These Ports. We Do Have Babysitter Available For 2 Yr Old If Needed. First Time Cruisers So Open For Any Suggestions Wondered About Rainforest Exploration In The Dominican?? Thanks:)

It depends a lot on what your children would like to do (or toerate you doing). For St. Thomas, the most popular activities are shopping (thus the tolerate part) and going to a beach. The most popular is Magen's Bay. There are water based activities in most beaches to keep the younger ones entertained as well.

Another option is to take an excursion to St. John, have a tour of the island and then some beach time. Or do it on your own, taking the ferry and a taxi. Trunk Bay is the beach to go for relaxing and snorkeling there...

Feel free to e-mail any questions...

Enrique

In St. Thomas we took a Catamaran Snorkel excursion. My older kids (similar to your 13 y.o) really enjoyed getting off the boat and snorkeling. The guides were fabulous and I was so comfortable letting her so this while I geared up and snorkeled near the boat with the younger kids9similar to your 8 yo). One of my children did not get off the excursion boat at all and the staff was incredibly helpful as were other Pax and kept an eye on her - I am a single parent with 4 kids so no other parent to split the task with! The Catamaran was a really nice boat and very pleasant to relax and hangout on for those that did not want to snorkel.

Archived