Swimming on Dominica?

habby

We are trying to decide what to do on Dominica. We have Beno lined up already. We may have enough people for two vans. Some may want to go swimming and some may not, so we may have to split up. Has anyone done swimming on Dominica, thinking specifically of either the Emerald Pool or Trafalgar Falls. Also, was it difficult to get to the swimming area.

Thanks in advance!!

• 2 weeks later...
We are trying to decide what to do on Dominica. We have Beno lined up already. We may have enough people for two vans. Some may want to go swimming and some may not, so we may have to split up. Has anyone done swimming on Dominica, thinking specifically of either the Emerald Pool or Trafalgar Falls. Also, was it difficult to get to the swimming area.

Thanks in advance!!

Hi Habby ... I haven't been to Domininca in a few years but it remains my most favorite island. We grabbed a cab, went to Emerald pool and Traflagar Falls (where you can swim) but it is a zoo ... not as bad as Dunn;s River in Jamica but close...lots of walking to get there through jungle like habitat, up and down earth-made stairs, etc. We toured the Botanical Gardens by ourselves which was great, then went back to the ship for lunch. After lunch we rented another cab to take us to Champagne Reef and beyond for snorkeling. We only had about 30 minutes to snorkel (as the ride was longgggggggggggg and bumpy) but the the snorkel remains the highlight of my life. Have a ball :)

Hi Habby, Would you believe my key board broke? Anyway, The emerald falls is a longer walk, but easier to get into at the pool. Trafalgar falls was a much harder climb down to the falls. Both are really rocky. Wear shoes and bring bandaids. I didn't think the water was that cold in the Emerald falls. I think the key is to get there early! Even if no one else goes in, they could still see the beautiful scenery. (and watch you swim!):)

Archived