Tickets are in..........

cruiselover96

Congrats Kerri!!:) I sense the relief one must feel when the tickets actually arrive>Did you get the flight that you requested?It's been great reading all Sarahs reprot on the Asian tours.I spoke to some one who went last year on the Gemini and she said the shore tours are the same.She's been twice and asiad the first time they went inot every port,then second time they stayed on the ship the whole time!!Out of the the Western Tropics tour she said the elephant riding:eek: was not to be missed and the snorkelling at Phuket.Also the shopping at Langkawi.I am so glad you are going before me so I can get your opinion.:) Pippa

Hello I'm new to this chat, however I spoke to my TA on Monday and she said P&O's ticketing company have a backlog of tickets they are trying to get out and not to expect them until Wed/Thurs 22/23 Feb, we sail out on 4th March on the western tropics 7N, so only a week after we get our tickets!! Managed to get our flight details though!

Congrats Kerri!!:) I sense the relief one must feel when the tickets actually arrive>Did you get the flight that you requested?It's been great reading all Sarahs reprot on the Asian tours.I spoke to some one who went last year on the Gemini and she said the shore tours are the same.She's been twice and asiad the first time they went inot every port,then second time they stayed on the ship the whole time!!Out of the the Western Tropics tour she said the elephant riding:eek: was not to be missed and the snorkelling at Phuket.Also the shopping at Langkawi.I am so glad you are going before me so I can get your opinion.:) Pippa

Hi Pippa, you know when you get your tickets that it's "real":D . You've waited all those months and then it's here!!

Our flights were done when I booked the cruise 12 mths ago. We got the fly/cruise deal.

Pippa have you thought about which tours you'll look at doing? Sarah's done a great job posting them before we've received our tickets. Gives everyone an idea of whats on offer.:D

Kerri

I'm still waiting for my tickets:( . Surely they're gonna come soon. I know someone who goes on the Sun in 3 weeks (3 weeks before us) & he's had his tickets for a few weeks. WHERE'S MINE!!!!

Karen

Hey,

We only got our tickets 3 weeks before we were going and pre-booked our shore tours the next day.

Kerri,we booked the fly/cruise as well but PO said we can only request which day and time we fly.They tell you 55 days before which for us is the 19th FebThats why I have hesitated with booking the hotels in case we dont get our request:mad: .I have read all Sarahs great reporting but until we get some prices we arent sure which ones we will go with.With the 7 of us,its going to be $$$$:eek: so that will be a consideration as well as suitability.Our eldest daughter is 19 and sharing a cabin with our 17 and 13 yrs old sons:eek: She is meant to be the responsible one but I can see her sneaking off in the middle of the night!We are sharing with our 8 year old twin girls.So we have to find tours to suit us all.The elephant ride in Phuket seems to be the high ranker at the moment. Pippa

Pippa, the offer I grab was from another cruise centre (can't remember name). They were the first to offer fly/cruise to Asia. I booked thru Flight Centre and they matched the price without any probs. P&O picked up on the f/c a couple of months later.

So when my TA booked it we had no problems with booking our flights at the same time for whenever we wanted. Because we didn't go thru the agency making the offer all we had to do was book it there and then (which was fine by me). :D I was even able to change it without any extra cost when we decided that ,who knows when or if we'll ever get to Singapore again so we thought then we'd stay longer, so booked to leave 6 nights beforehand and then have 2 full days when we returned to Singapore. (we haven't yet decided what we'lll do, we're going to play it be ear;) )

At least not being able to prebook tours, when Sarah and Ans and others who go before us, return they'll be able to give us an idea of prices. Can't wait to hear from Sarah when she returns to see what she thought of the tours and their prices. At least with all Sarahs hard work we've been able to have a good look at the tours and what they offer.

Kerri:cool:

We've been to Phuket before and did the Elephant Trek - it was awesome fun, however, our Elephant decided to bolt off into the sunset with us on it!!!! Was scarey but they got it under control soon enough. Of course it didn't happen to anyone else - just us!

We've been to Phuket before and did the Elephant Trek - it was awesome fun, however, our Elephant decided to bolt off into the sunset with us on it!!!! Was scarey but they got it under control soon enough. Of course it didn't happen to anyone else - just us!

Our tickets arrived yesterday so it was a reality.

In regards to Bangkok, Hubby and I went there for our honeymoon in 2002 and we were there for 2 weeks so we done every our imaginable. I would recommend the River Kwai but depending on time. My great grandfather was a POW there and he was working on Hell fire pass and died in the prison camp close by. This was thfirst time anyone visited and it was a very emotional trip.

We loved the bamboo trip up the river and also the elephant tracking! What great memories we have! Awesome. We wanted to go on the ASIA trip but wasnt meant to be.

Have fun!

How now knows about the trip and we are both very excited! Isnt it great when the tickets arrive as it sinks in! Although not being able to go to the wharf in Brisbane is interesting. We will drive to the car place and leave our car there for the 3 days. It is the same place we left our car when we went to Sydney on the Star as well. It will be so nice to relax without the stress of the children. As some may know we now have 5 kids. We have 2 beautiful foster girls with us who we adore so life has gotten really busy I must say! It is good. I am about to start my first fulltime job in many many years on Monday morning as an Enrolled nurse with the Australian Red Cross Blood services and I am nervous. so it will be nice to taje the 3 days off in between the first month. As it was already booked last year. So wish me luck and keep me in your prayers as I am about to endeavour in another changing experience.

As for the cruise....We have been upgraded to an outside cabin! So hubby aid we will see the difference as it is so dark in the inside cabin!

How now knows about the trip and we are both very excited! Isnt it great when the tickets arrive as it sinks in! Although not being able to go to the wharf in Brisbane is interesting. We will drive to the car place and leave our car there for the 3 days. It is the same place we left our car when we went to Sydney on the Star as well. It will be so nice to relax without the stress of the children. As some may know we now have 5 kids. We have 2 beautiful foster girls with us who we adore so life has gotten really busy I must say! It is good. I am about to start my first fulltime job in many many years on Monday morning as an Enrolled nurse with the Australian Red Cross Blood services and I am nervous. so it will be nice to taje the 3 days off in between the first month. As it was already booked last year. So wish me luck and keep me in your prayers as I am about to endeavour in another changing experience.

As for the cruise....We have been upgraded to an outside cabin! So hubby aid we will see the difference as it is so dark in the inside cabin!

Truebliss did you see the time we get the shuttles from the Transit Centre?

From 4.15pm - 6.00pm!!!

What time do you intend getting there?

I was expecting to be onboard about 1.00pm.

Oh well not much we can do about it.

Info from other post said it was the day they formally name the ship. Lots of high society folk onboard for those festivities.

My sisters and I are in cabin 7015 so come and say "hello"

Marleneann.

We are in cabin 6115 I believe the last time we looked. Will look out for you.

Cant wait! So does that mean we will part of the news program?lol

What a great day to be onboard. Lisa Kenny will be onboard as well.

IS this your first cruise?

This will be my third cruise.

I won a Butter/White Wings cooking competition in 1972 ...the prize was a P&O Pacific Islands Cruise.

Cruised on the magnificent Sapphire Princess in Jan 2005.

I will give you my website URL.

Just click on the button for Sapphire Princess Cruise and read all about it.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/marleneann/

Actually I live on the Sunshine Coast so Lisa Curry/Kenny only lives in the next suburb. Do you think I should see if she will allow me to go with her to the ceremony *G*

Anyway what time do you intend getting to the transit Centre?

This is going to be a "Sisters Get-to-gether" for my lot.

Would love to meet...so don't be shy.

Marleneann.

Archived