We are feeling devastated!!!!!

smurfette

Wellas you can see from our counter not long to go now. What are we devastated then. OUr friend rang today to tell us that her daughter has chicken pox and we have just looked at our son and he is covered in a rash................. We are still not sure if he is allergic to something and it's just coincidence or what!!!!!! We are playing a hurry-up-and-wait-game.......

There have been many tears and are just feeling sooo deflated.... Just wanted to share with people who would understand:mad:

Wellas you can see from our counter not long to go now. What are we devastated then. OUr friend rang today to tell us that her daughter has chicken pox and we have just looked at our son and he is covered in a rash................. We are still not sure if he is allergic to something and it's just coincidence or what!!!!!! We are playing a hurry-up-and-wait-game.......

There have been many tears and are just feeling sooo deflated.... Just wanted to share with people who would understand:mad:

Oh! Smurfette what can I say

I hope that it is just a rash.

Remember it is not his fault if it is (piggy pox) my daughter did not like chickens and called it piggy instead.

I will be praying for you.

Thank you all - we are trying to hold our heads up high. We have been planning this trip for a couple of years now and just feel so low tonight. Brad had a liver transplant 4 years ago and we booked a cruise as we would then have a doctor close by for anything........... If he gets chicken pox tonight his holiday will be in hospital connected to drips to stop him from rejection. So on top of being worried about our holiday we have added stresses. This website is like having friends as I have read everyones adventures, and I just feel like a group hug........ we know it's not Brad's fault but we just wanted some good luck for once.... and yes we do have travel insurance but not sure how it all works with regards to cancelling

You poor things, could anything be worse so close to your cruise? :eek:

I am hoping all is well and like everyone else, keeping my fingers crossed for you. But what bad timing........

Your son must be feeling so miserable.

Here's hoping (fingers crossed)

:( :( :(

GOOD LUCK !!!

My goodness smurfette.

my thoughts are with you. Hope you have a good outcome. Even without the upcoming cruise to worry about, i guess chicken pox in your son's situation must be a great cause of stress for you.

I sincerely hope your son comes good in the next couple of days.

Even if he hasnt caught chicken pox is there a chance he still may be carrying it. i would hate for him to get real sick on board.

sending all good wishes to you and your family.

karon

My goodness smurfette.

my thoughts are with you. Hope you have a good outcome. Even without the upcoming cruise to worry about, i guess chicken pox in your son's situation must be a great cause of stress for you.

I sincerely hope your son comes good in the next couple of days.

Even if he hasnt caught chicken pox is there a chance he still may be carrying it. i would hate for him to get real sick on board.

sending all good wishes to you and your family.

karon

In canberra today - the heat rose very suddenly, so we are just not sure if it has something to do with that. I just don't know.......... and then you look at the rash and you go "oh it's changing' and think your stupid. I have called our paediatrician and he said to wait to see what happens overnight as there is not enough evidence yet to say 100%. It is allllll soooooo frustrating and depressing. I seriuosly just want to sit and cry.:( :( :(

Maybe just keep him cool, panadol (if he is allowed it) and stay busy yourself.

I think you have everyright to feel sorry for yourself and cry.

In a couple of days you may be sitting watching your son slashing about wondering what you worried about.Well that is my wish for you.

keep us informed

karon

Thanks Karon,

No, we are a bit hesitant to give him panadol at the moment as this could impact on his liver if the chicken pox is starting to attack it, so we are just waiting around. If need be I suppose I can always keep living through everyone elses adventures and have the knowledge I have found a great webiste in the meantime.

Does anyone know how the travel insurance work?

Thanks Karon,

Does anyone know how the travel insurance work?

I am sure P and O will do evrything it can to help you rebook a more suitable cruise. I am sure they would be happy for you not to go and infect many other people on the ship.

Ring your travel insurance tomorrow.

Even if it is a heat rash will that impact on your son's health anyway?

How old is he by the way?

I am sure P and O will do evrything it can to help you rebook a more suitable cruise. I am sure they would be happy for you not to go and infect many other people on the ship.

No heat rash will be fine - he is 6 years old. My daughter is 8 and she is just absolutely devastated tonight - I can't even count how many prayers she said tonight - and if they don't come true in the morning I can't believe the questions I'll have to deal with then.

I

No heat rash will be fine - he is 6 years old. My daughter is 8 and she is just absolutely devastated tonight - I can't even count how many prayers she said tonight - and if they don't come true in the morning I can't believe the questions I'll have to deal with then.

I know

I know it's funny but I'm even happy to pay$12.00 for a glass of champers right now - lol.

Dear Smurfette

Hang in there...don't give up just yet. As it has been suggested it may only be a heat rash.

...Chicken Pox is not a rash as such. It is red bumps that develop blister lumps. Children usually have a fever and abdominal pain.

You poor dear...I do feel for you and the family.

Big hug for you and a special prayer for you tonight.

Marleneann.

Thinking about you. My son came home with a note yesterday stating that there was Chicken Pox in his classroom. The thought of four boys at once having chicken pox.. oh my, but you? Oh dear.

Let us know how it works out.

The poster who said a rash that comes on suddenly is not chicken pox is correct. While it can do some different things it usually, according the note the school sent home, starts with a fever.

Archived