We are feeling devastated!!!!!

smurfette

Hi Katie, I have just got in from linedancing & logged on for an update. I am sooooooo happy for you. I hope you have a great time. I just wish I could give you a great big hug. Hope you enjoyed the champers. Have a great trip & don't forget to tell us all about it when you get back.

Karen

Katie,

That is just so fantastic that you all are going on your cruise!

Neither of us have posted until now because we had a major tragedy

with a child some years back. I guess we were hurting for you in such a way that words can't describe and we understand these little "side events" just add to the frustration

Enjoy your cruise to the fullest. We are just so happy for you :D

Hi Lias

Hope I'm not getting too personal here but I hope it was nothing too serious. And if you ever want to talk, we are here for you.

Karen

Just a suggestion on how to meet up on board if you wish. Identify a lounge or public area on board as a gathering place on the second day of the cruise (the first day is usually quite hectic) and schedule a meeting. Each person wears a badge or sticky note with his/her Cruise Critic screen name on it. Then let nature take its course.

I just found this thread and my heart was aching for you and now it is jumping for joy for you and your family. So glad your son will be in good shape to go on your cruise. Always my biggest fear that just before a cruise one of us would get sick, so your saddness was so completely understandable.

Have a wonderful cruise and we will be thinking of you.

There is a sign up board in the churchills lounge(where the games and internet live) It is for signing up for games but maybe you could post one there.

Or just make a date and place just prior to sailaway.

It is amazing how this thread turned from an awful one to a very moving uplifting one, even including our friends from across the pond!!

hope you enjoy your last day of organising.

karon

Can I just say - what am amazing bunch of people you all are....... I'm totally blown away by the support of everyone and yet have never met any of you. I'm sure that alot of you are just as suprised!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing. It goes to show that in a world where there is soooo much fear, goodness really does triumph. I take my hat off to you all.

Love Katie

xxx

PS Check out that counter lol lol

Just a suggestion on how to meet up on board if you wish. Identify a lounge or public area on board as a gathering place on the second day of the cruise (the first day is usually quite hectic) and schedule a meeting. Each person wears a badge or sticky note with his/her Cruise Critic screen name on it. Then let nature take its course.

First of all, great news Katie now rest, relax and enjoy. I was thinking of suggesting that on all cruises we should arrange a standard meeting in the library, 2nd sea day 1.30pm (checked old pacific dailys - not much happening at that time),

That reminds me I used to be intrigued that on every cruise I went on they always had a meeting advertised for friends of Bill W, I couldn't understand why he was always on the same cruise as me. I even staked out the meeting once to see who turned up....then I found out it was the code for AA.:)

Smurfette, that is such great news, I especially like your Doctor ordering you to go enjoy the cruise - excellent.

I have two cousins who are going on your cruise too! They are very friendly young girls both in their 20's and very excited to be going. They have been out shopping for new clothes, that sort of thing.

I wish you all the best and we can high-five when you get back as my family get's on - lol

Can I ask you to post a review of your cruise when you get back so everyone here can have some closure on this issue? Would we wonderful to hear how happy your family was with your cruise :)

All the best !

Smurfette, that is such great news, I especially like your Doctor ordering you to go enjoy the cruise - excellent.

I have two cousins who are going on your cruise too! They are very friendly young girls both in their 20's and very excited to be going. They have been out shopping for new clothes, that sort of thing.

I wish you all the best and we can high-five when you get back as my family get's on - lol

Can I ask you to post a review of your cruise when you get back so everyone here can have some closure on this issue? Would we wonderful to hear how happy your family was with your cruise :)

All the best !

I will be posting sooo much that you guys will get sick of me lol lol

I will be posting sooo much that you guys will get sick of me lol lol

Katie, I don't think any of us ever get sick of reading thes boards. I know I don't. I hate the quiet days.

Have a wonderful holiday.

Karen

Smurfette - so glad to hear you are going! That is fabulous! I'm sure you are so relieved and excited! I just got my boots in the mail that I bought from ebay for 'Country & Western' theme night, so I have been wearing them around the house. They are quite cute. Hope you are getting all packed up! I have a week to get packed!

[hat reminds me I used to be intrigued that on every cruise I went on they always had a meeting advertised for friends of Bill W, I couldn't understand why he was always on the same cruise as me. I even staked out the meeting once to see who turned up....then I found out it was the code for AA.:)

LOL. he went on our cruise too.:D :D i never even thought it was code for soemthing as it was the only cruise we had been on. that is hilarious, although i guess not too funny for the people involved.

LOL. he went on our cruise too.:D :D i never even thought it was code for soemthing as it was the only cruise we had been on. that is hilarious, although i guess not too funny for the people involved.

It was very funny watching Suey's face when we worked out what it meant. It was actually a trivia question on the ship that gave it away. She was a little embarrassed that she had staked out the AA meeting. Have to admit that no-one attended the meeting. Although I don't think I would have stayed in the room if there was a woman sitting there checking out everyone who came into the room looking for "Bill W".

I think it could be a difficult environment to be in if you were on AA and needed to attend meetings. Haven't seen it advertised for the last few cruises however, maybe nobody ever attended.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

All the best on your upcoming cruise. I am so glad that all is well and you can go and have a wonderful time as deserved. Prayer is a powerful tool! Always works...

Bless you and have a ball......I know hubby and I are excited we only have 18 days to go even if it is for 4 days...lol

Ditto - we understand tragedy and fear Lias!!!!!!!!!:)

Hi Smurfette and Karen

Thanks for caring.

Our situation ended in the worst possible way and it is now a few years on. To be honest, we finally feel a lot stronger for this experience in life.

We can well recall the holidays that had to be cancelled at short notice, and the many other functions that were missed due to sudden problems.

That said, you will realise that we now totally understand the pain other people are going through when they have similar situations.

We are just so happy Brad is OK and the family is going on the cruise.

Again thanks for asking and caring.

Enjoy your holiday Smurfette, and give Brad a big hug from both of us.

Hi Smurfette,

In my experience caring for 72 children and having 4 of my own, and now working at a school, chicken pox is not as bad for the young. My 4 year old breezed through it, but as my other children got it aged 12 and 13 they were a bit sicker, and when I got it at the same time I was as sick as a dog.

So hopefully your son is young.

I know though that if your son does have chicken pox your main worry will be your husband.

What a blow!

Hopefully he wont get any blisters on his torso, which is usually the first sign.

Hope everything goes well.

Breathless

I hope smurfette doesnt mind me answering here as she may not come back online again until after she gets back.

The main concern she had, which you may not have read,is that her son is a transplant patient and still on anti rejection drugs.

I do have to agree about chicken pox being worse for adults. MY husband got them just before we got married. He thought he would have a day or 2 off work. He was actually in bed very sick for about 5 days....he did make it to the wedding though

Hi Smurfette and Karen

Thanks for caring.

Our situation ended in the worst possible way and it is now a few years on. To be honest, we finally feel a lot stronger for this experience in life.

We can well recall the holidays that had to be cancelled at short notice, and the many other functions that were missed due to sudden problems.

That said, you will realise that we now totally understand the pain other people are going through when they have similar situations.

We are just so happy Brad is OK and the family is going on the cruise.

Again thanks for asking and caring.

Enjoy your holiday Smurfette, and give Brad a big hug from both of us.

Sorry to hear that lias. But obviusly you are getting on with your lives which is great news. I'm sure it isn't easy.

We have friends who were going to come on the cruise with us. Their 6 y.o son has a brain tumor & originally they were going to come because they felt that they really needed a good break ( & they certainly did - he was diagnosed at 18months & they have spent the last 4 1/2 years doing chemo, physio etc). Unfortunately last Easter, he needed another operation & so now they can not afford to come due to medical expenses. They hadn't booked but was seriously thinking about it. People have no idea how lucky they are until they meet/hear of people who are worse off than they are. We should all thank our lucky stars for what we have, I know I do. I have 3 beautiful, healthy children & can't imagine life without them.

If I could give you a hug right now, I would.

Karen

Archived