10-11 Night Wind Cruise, Any Comments?

Yvonne

DH and I are planning a Hawaiian cruise for 1/08, leaning towards Norwegian Wind so I would love to hear from others who have done this cruise. Any comments, good and bad, would be appreciated.

Also, if anyone has pictures of the Wind on a web site, can you direct me to them? Thanks!

My family did a 10 night on the Wind in June of 2005, and had a wonderful time--the ship is older, but the staff is great. I found a good bit of info on cruiseclues.com, but most of my info came from this board.

I thought it was a great way to see the main islands of Hawaii, and also have several relaxing sea days going to and from Fanning.

We were not as impressed as NCmom.If I had to do over I would have done one of the 7 day on a better ship.We then would have stayed more days in Hawaii.Also didnt feel Fanning Island was worth 4 rocky days at sea.It was way to windy to lay by pool and not much else to do.crew seemed over worked with the exception of the drink takers they were everywhere,show room smallest I have ever been in and get there early for good seats.Food ok entertainment weak,service friendly but not consistent.Our room stewert said he had something like 32 rooms we never really new when our room would cleaned anytime between 8pm and 10pm and we had a Penthouse..With all said we still had a good time hey we were in Hawaii on a cruise,but this was our 18th cruise and Iwould say it rated at the bottom. TOM

DH and I are planning a Hawaiian cruise for 1/08, leaning towards Norwegian Wind so I would love to hear from others who have done this cruise. Any comments, good and bad, would be appreciated.

Also, if anyone has pictures of the Wind on a web site, can you direct me to them? Thanks!

Not of the Wind but of Fanning Island, which we loved! See link below.

The Wind gives you a longer stay on the ship, that's nice.

I do not like fanning island but that doesn't matter, you still get some nice relaxing sea days if you like that. If you want longer trip + sea days then do the wind, if not do the american flagged ships.

I believe the American flagged ships get significantly more hours in each port, so that's a huge plus for them.

Don't take my word for though, compare the itinerary carefully side by side and see what you think.

Archived