Tell me about Frontier

kelkel2

It’s cheap, it’s not comfortable seats, you’re fee’d to death. 
However, it’s a lot cheaper. Like over $1k for my family and that’s including baggage fees.

Here’s a few general questions I’m left with...

What do they consider a personal item? Can my kids bring a small bag with coloring books and something to do? I can bring my purse as mine I’m assuming.

My biggest concern is that it’s a non stop flight out of our small regional airport and there’s only 1 flight a day. What happens if the flight gets cancelled? Do they refund you or try to arrange a flight at a different airport? The next closest airport to us that flies Frontier is in Chicago and it’s a 3 hour drive to ohare. Our airport only has flights with frontier on Thursdays and Sunday’s. So let’s just say our Thursday flight got cancelled in a worse case scenario, would they move us to a Sunday flight? Because that won’t work. 
I hope that makes sense. Feel free to share any experiences or tips too. 

1) Yes and Yes

2) If there is space on the next flight you will be booked, if not, then the following flight etc. until booked to your original destination, Frontier has no interline agreements so expecting to be booked on another airline is almost out of the question

3) If Thursday is cancelled, then it is Sunday, if space is available at the time of cancellation, they may automatically re-book you on the next available flight

As such, you will have to weigh the 'potential' downsides vs $aving'$ and decide if the risk is worth it.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

1 minute ago, Bo1953 said:

1) Yes and Yes

2) If the re is space on the next flight you will be booked, if not, then the following flight etc. until booked to your original destination, Frontier has no interline agreements

3) If Thursday is cancelled, then it is Sunday, if space is available at the time of cancellation, they may automatically re-book you on the next available flight

As such, you will have to weigh the 'potential' downsides vs $aving'$ and decide if the risk is worth it.

bon voyage

So Would they give us the option of canceling instead of being moved to the next available on a Sunday? Like would they let us opt out of that and get our money back? I have no problem with them giving me my money back and I can always catch a delta flight the next day on my own. But I don’t want my money trapped and being forced into a later flight on a day that doesn’t work. 

19 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

So Would they give us the option of canceling instead of being moved to the next available on a Sunday? Like would they let us opt out of that and get our money back? I have no problem with them giving me my money back and I can always catch a delta flight the next day on my own. But I don’t want my money trapped and being forced into a later flight on a day that doesn’t work. 

Yes, if you pay a 'non-refundable Bundle Fee' each way, you will be able to get a refund on the flight.

This fee varies by destination and includes: One personal item, One carry on bag, One checked bag, Seat selection, Priority boarding, ability to change your flight without additional fees, and refund of flight only not the bundle charges and inclusions.

I recommend you do a dummy booking to determine what that fee would be and decide if everyone traveling still results in a savings, overall if you need to change flights etc... all you would be out is the bundle fee for each person plus new fare on new airline.

Also, it is recommended that you call Frontier for further clarification on specific questions/potential issues.

Also, there are T&C's on their website concerning this as well.

I trust this helps, somewhat.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 1