Fascination Review

Michaelw5

Embarkation

We arrived at the ship about 2:45. There were no lines so we were able to get right on.

Destination

Key West

Due to high winds and rough seas we were not able to port in Key West. Carnival did give $25 pp shipboard credit which was nice but the day was bad. This was not Carnivals fault. The weather was cold 25-35 mph winds clouds. Lots of sick guest lets just say. One bad thing Carnival did was they had no plans of adding activities, so we laid by the pool all day. Carnival did not even have a band until about 2:30 in the afternoon.

Calica

We rented a Jeep, which was a good value at $60 per day with insurance taxes. We set out for Tulum and other places. This was our second trip to Tulum. This one was much better. We beat the buses of people and had Tulum to our selves. The weather was great! We got lots of sun walking around. We were going to Xcaret but it was heavily damaged due to the hurricane. When to a small little place. I can not recall the name. We had one of the best lunches on the beach. Great service and even better food. I wish Carnivals food were as good.

Gas

We got screwed! Paid about $60 for $25 worth of gas. It would be nice if I spoke Spanish.

Food

Dining Room

This was a major disappointment. Most of the food was low end cafeteria quality. I would object to paying for this in the states. Carnival must work on this. Our cruise planner from Carnival said this ship had a couple of Supper Clubs, but it does not. I have been on other lines that had the Supper Clubs and the food was better. This was the worst food I ever had.

Coconut Grove

The food was good not great. We ate all of breakfast there and all of our lunches that we had on the ships.

Service

The service was good not personal. Never could tell you who our Cabin Steward was or even looked like, but he/she kept the room clean and ice in the cooler. The dining room service was quick and good, but once again no personal service. I could not tell name/country/history of our waiter.

Entertainment

This was bad. Carnival needs to spend some money like they used to and get better entertainment. I have been on NCL Spirit, Carnival Destiny Ecstasy, & Imagination, RCL Enchantment of the Seas & the Monarch, The Grand princess and Century by Celebrity. This by far was the worst entertainment I have seen on a cruise.

Overall We did have a good time. My wife and I enjoyed our 4 days away from work/people/our children etc. We will probably not go on Carnival again unless they make major changes to there line. I would probably try on of their other brands

Archived