July 12-17 Cruise on the Adventure - Quick Highlights

Hi all,

We just recently got home from the July 12th sailing on the Adventure of the Seas out of Nassau, Bahamas. I know there are a few trip reports going on other sailings but just a few highlights from us. And if you have any questions. Bottom line it was a great trip. We had 1075 passengers on board. At times it felt like the ship was empty and other times not at all (like in the Schooner bar during Karaoke 🙂 ). We stayed at the British Colonial Hilton the night before which if you can I recommend doing. The hotel was nothing special but it made the next day very very easy. I would recommend flying in the day before if you can. There were a number of issues that happened to people that sailed down on Saturday including a bomb threat that closed the Fort Lauderdale airport for a while.

Not going to go into every detail but by and large it felt like a normal cruise. No masks were required for anyone 16 and over as you had to be vaccinated. A purple wristband on a child under 16 meant that they did not need to wear a mask (mainly because they were 12 or older and were vaccinated. There were a few couples that did wear masks while on board and everyone was just fine with that. You did have to wear a mask in Nassau and in Cozumel. The testing process at the end of the cruise was amazingly easy.  Crew do wear masks unless it is an activities host and they are a very good distance away from folks during an event. Honestly, I kinda wish they were not wearing them and it will be interesting to see how long they do. 

Food and drink were like they always are. Drink great. Food okay. 🙂 Service was great. The newness of being back on sea is starting to wear off but they are all still very happy to be back at work.

For activities: some people on our cruise group thought the cruise was boring. I did not at all. True there were not big events like the marriage game or quest or the promenade parties but there was always something going on. We did a lot of trivia (we are a couple in our 40s that for some reason love that stuff), the millionaire game, 60 seconds to win it, majority rules, rock the room and a bunch of other things.  One of my favorite parts though was the house band: the Switched On Band. They are just wonderful.  

We met some other couples (we were kid free on this cruise).

Bottom line. It was a great cruise and great to be back on board again. Would I go again? Yes. Would I bring my kids. Not yet. I have a 10 year old and 5 year old. I will wait until they are vaccinated. 

Hope this is helpful and let me know if you have any questions at all. 

Edited by pezruthroy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2