Phone check in

Molliemandy

Is anyone else experiencing great difficulty contacting MSC. .? We are booked on cruise from 28/7/2021 and cannot get our tickets as we booked directly with MSC  and no one answers the phone and no email is available. Would hate to arrive at port and be refused because we don’t have tickets. Have checked in online but told to contact agent for tickets which is of course MSC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Molliemandy said:

Is anyone else experiencing great difficulty contacting MSC. .? We are booked on cruise from 28/7/2021 and cannot get our tickets as we booked directly with MSC  and no one answers the phone and no email is available. Would hate to arrive at port and be refused because we don’t have tickets. Have checked in online but told to contact agent for tickets which is of course MSC.

Hi sorry to hear that you can't get through to msc I know I've waited over an hour before they pick up.

Do you have the msc app and checked in all details you should be able to download tickets from there.

Have you booked directly with msc or via a travel agent. If via TA then contact them and get then to chase.

Failing that I have 2 email address you can try 

customerservice@msccruises.co.uk

operationsuk@msccruises.co.uk

Other than that it is to keep calling they do answer eventually (pain I know) 

Hope this helps 🙂

Edited by Cruiseforever11
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Molliemandy said:

I had trouble getting my tickets too, turns out they were waiting for my insurance details prior to emailing them. I know there isn’t anywhere during  the online check-in process to provide this information so it was a case of holding on the phone for about an hour to speak to an agent. As soon as she had input the details (company, policy number, emergency telephone number etc) the tickets were emailed very shortly after. If you persevere, they will pick up eventually.

9 hours ago, CaroleC said:

I had trouble getting my tickets too, turns out they were waiting for my insurance details prior to emailing them. I know there isn’t anywhere during  the online check-in process to provide this information so it was a case of holding on the phone for about an hour to speak to an agent. As soon as she had input the details (company, policy number, emergency telephone number etc) the tickets were emailed very shortly after. If you persevere, they will pick up eventually.

I had the same thing. I had to phone to get my e-tickets sent to me. "Only" 1 hour 10/15 minutes waiting for MSC to answer. At least I could get on with work while I was waiting.

The lady I spoke to was quite helpful, and did send us our tickets, but she too said that we hadn't been able to get our e-tickets as we hadn't given them our insurance details. Very confusing isn't it - we had never been asked for our insurance details (I know that we have to show them at the port on check-in) and there is nowhere in the check-in process to upload these details! Madness!!

Thank you both too as I am in same situation, have emailed them 2 days ago with just automated replies so far. But I have now emailed again attaching my insurance details. I too have booked direct with MSC. Will update when I get my tickets, I depart in 15 days. 

I recieved my e-tickets today after emailing a copy of my insurance details as advised on this forum to operationsuk@msccruises.co.uk

and also sending MSc UK a direct message on Twitter. I would advise people in the same position as me to email a copy of insurance and booking details to the operations email and then maybe send a DM on Twitter after a day or two if no response. I think the combination of the two got a response for me. Thanks to this board for the advice.

• Like 2