Question about Dining

najnelle

My husband and I will be cruising in October. We have Early Dining. Are they seating people with other cruisers not in their "travel group"? Or will be at a table for two since it is just the two of us traveling together? It doesn't really make a difference to me, I'm just curious. 

With Assigned Dining you may be sat with others.  This is just how it is with Assigned Dining.  You said is does not matter, but if it did you could see the Maître D on the 1st day and request to be at a 2 top (they have "open" hours the 1st day to handle special requests)

Edited by wemjam

1 hour ago, klfrodo said:

Pre-pandemic, I've had both. Just know that if you get a 2 top that the tables are so close together, you won't know that your not sitting as a group.

Post pandemic? I can't answer.

It is a good question.  I know on your booking you have the option to invite people to be a part of your cruise group (easier way of 'linking' bookings maybe) so part of me wonders if that is also a way for them to determine dining room configurations, seating plans, etc.  Of course the rules are changing so fast and vary incredibly from cruise line to cruise line that at this point, I'll just check to see what they are a week or so prior to the cruise. 

• Like 1