Best Med shore excursions?

royalflush

What are the "not to be missed" shore excursions for the 9/11/06 Barcelona to Venice Classical Med Cruise?

It all depends on whether you've been before or not...and what you want to see...

There is so much at most of these ports that you have to "pick and choose"...

Barcelona, Spain: You're only here if you spend some time pre-cruise (make sure you do) so no "shore excursions per se...but Must see--La Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell, Casa Mila, Casa Batllo and Las Ramblas

Villefranche (Nice), France: Assuming you've never been before, take the "Nice, Eze & Monaco" tour for the big picture...Otherwise, a good place to hire a private guide and customize an itinerary...

Florence, Italy: If you've never been to Florence, do either the full; day Florence tour or Pisa and Florence...If you have been to Florence, we really enjoyed the Tuscan Countryside tour, but I only recommend that to folks who've been to Florence before--Florence is not to be missed.

Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy: Do ANY full day Rome tour...Too much to see in one day, so you're missing stuff no matter what you take...We did the old "Walk in Renaissance Rome" tour--which used to include lunch...They've now lowered the price and dropped the lunch...but it was a very good tour that covered the Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon and Vatican--four sites really worth visiting...

Naples, Italy: Of all the tours offered, I love the Capri, Sorrento and Pompei...it's a hectic pace, but you see a lot...and Pompei is absolutely not to be missed...Private tour guides cannot even duplicate this tour.

Santorini, Greece: Any tour is fine...or see it on your own...

Piraeus (Athens), Greece: I don't see it up at theior site now, but the standard recommendation is the one that goes to the Acropolis and Cape Sounion...if they don't offer it, contact a private guide here...

Dubrovnik, Croatia: Do it on your own...don't bother with Cavtat...or, just take a half day city tour...

Venice, Italy: I don't really know the tours here...We did Venice on our own (been there 3 or 4 times)...Go tour the Doge's Palace...and I recommend visiting the Ghetto and taking the Synagogues tour at the Museo Ebraico...and riding a vaporetti down the Grand Canal...

Have fun...

Archived