Travel Agent Or Ncl Direct

nycruiser1975

Either one will work, but using an agent takes all the worry off your shoulders. As for rates, they will be exactly the same; your agent might throw in a little gift of something which NCL will not do. Not all agents do this, but many like to find a way to say Thank you for your business. Another advantage you get from using an agent, you have a real live person working to make certain you are happy; the resv agents you work with when using the line directly are paid by the hour, hopefully they will care, but many are just order takers. I know, some will tell you Travel Agents can be nothing more than order takers as well: this is true, but a good agent is much more than just a voice at the other end of the phone. You understand I am not biased in anyway, I am an agent. LOL have a great cruise!!!! NMnita

Not a stupid question at all.If this is your 1st cruise I would recommend using a ta.After you get a few cruises under your belt[and you probably will do more]you will know all the tricks and promo,s to getting good deals.Good Luck TOM

As for rates, they will be exactly the same;

Not always. I have used a mega-agency for my last 3 cruises and saved over NCL direct twice and HAL direct once. If the savings had been minimal I would have given the booking to the cruise lines. On an Australia sailing on the Statendam the difference was over $1,000, on the Jewel last year to the Baltics the savings were almost $1,000.

I knew exactly what sailing and what cabin category I wanted. If this would have been my first cruise I would not have booked direct or with a mega-agency. I would suggest first time cruisers book with a "local" agent that really will help them get the cruise that is best for there expectations.

Not always. I have used a mega-agency for my last 3 cruises and saved over NCL direct twice and HAL direct once. If the savings had been minimal I would have given the booking to the cruise lines. On an Australia sailing on the Statendam the difference was over $1,000, on the Jewel last year to the Baltics the savings were almost $1,000.

I knew exactly what sailing and what cabin category I wanted. If this would have been my first cruise I would not have booked direct or with a mega-agency. I would suggest first time cruisers book with a "local" agent that really will help them get the cruise that is best for there expectations.

Mark you are so right, slap me for saying that> Going directly throug the cruise line you may not get a special or discount that an agent may have. I was pretty much generalizing. Shame on me and I am an agent!!!!!LOL

Archived