Biscayne Bay or JW Marriott

COLandlocked

Thanks!

Would you stay there pre-cruise if you where sailing out of Fort Lauderdale. Having a terrible time finding a good hotel in FLL. Help!!

Would I rather drive 30-40 minutes and stay here or stay at Holiday Inn Express or Sheraton Yankee Clipper?

The JW doesn't offer port views, but the JW is the upscale Marriott line. Normally these hotels have more amenties, are better taken care of and service levels are higher. I have never been disappointed staying at this brand while it is iffy at other Marriotts. While it is not the Ritz, it is closer then any Marriott.

I would absolutely stay there without hesitation if it was in Fort Lauderdale (where we are sailing out of).

Hope this helps.

I was thinking of that and I know people are excited to wake up early and see the ships coming in, but then after reading reviews here and at other sites about the hotel and considering the miles are the same, we will be booking the JW instead.

I guess I have to cab it unless they offer an airport shuttle. And/or do they offer a port shuttle?

I was thinking of that and I know people are excited to wake up early and see the ships coming in, but then after reading reviews here and at other sites about the hotel and considering the miles are the same, we will be booking the JW instead.

I guess I have to cab it unless they offer an airport shuttle. And/or do they offer a port shuttle?

No shuttles to either the port or from the airport, flagger.... I'm remembering the cab fares to be approx $20 each, but don't hold me to it....

I don't know about any liquor stores/grocery stores... maybe someone else can help you with that.... Bequia.... Trent... where are you? ;)

The closest liquor store to the JW is

Brickell Station Liquor Center

720 SW 2nd Ave, Miami, FL

0.5 mi NW - (305) 854-2625

There's a Publix Supermarket 3/10ths of a mile from the JW as well. It has a fairly decent wine selection. ;)

Publix at Brickell Village

134 SW 13th St, Miami, FL

0.3 mi SW - (305) 860-2280

JW. If you are a big marriott staying kind of person, the Biscayne Bay is in not the best of shape. OK so I was there in the middle of a hurricane (wilma) but even before wilma blew off a few things, the rooms are beaten up and the patio furniture on the balconies was filthy. To their credit, even on the second/third day of our stay when the hurricane hit (the first night was ok), not a single staff member complained, at least not near the guests. And they tried their best to make us comfy which they did until we were evacuated to orlando.

The view was awesome, but I would probably have preferred to skip the view and stay at the JW. However, I guess we would have gotten booted out of there too!

We're staying at the JW this weekend on points before our cruise and again one night after our cruise. I received an e-mail from the concierge today to find out what kind of pillows I wanted in the room, did I want a refrigerator, fitness equipment, or fax machine in the room (complimentary - their word not mine!) or choclate truffles and champagne for a charge upon arrival. I ordered some champagne to surprise DH. The concierge wrote me back and asked what I wanted the card to say. They are letting us leave our winter coats and our "traveling clothes" there while we are on the ship. Now THAT's the way to start a vacation. Go JW! :D :D

Archived