Fresh off Carnival Horizon 8/1 - 8/7 - Ask me anything

TS4IA

On 8/7/2021 at 5:04 PM, TS4IA said:

In Amber Cove, we did Waterfalls and zip line package. It was a relatively difficult excursion from a physical perspective. We had about a 40 minute ride from the port to the waterfalls. Once there we were quickly on our way to get life vests and helmets for a 40 minute walk up the mountain/hill. The walk was relatively steep and warm, we had people struggling on the walk up. Once up at the top we then slid through 7 waterfalls on our way down the falls. It was really fun, but then there was about a 15 minute walk after the waterfalls back to the truck. 

Once done we hopped on the truck and drove 20 minutes to the zip line where we ate before zip lining. They clearly are a little out of practice as things were a little slow and we had to rush back to the ship after the zip lining. While the zip lining is fun, it wasn’t the most thrilling zip line locations. The extreme zip line tour would have been better for that.

In Half Moon Cay, be sure to rent either a clamshell or cabana, otherwise the beach is amazing but hot. I wouldn’t worry about planning much, you can rent equipment easily at the beach. The food was subpar on the island but that is a bit to be expected. 

A tip for those doing a clamshell, get chair clips and rest your clamshell on the chair clips on the back of your 2 lounge chairs, it will allow a great breeze in the clamshell. If you don’t vent the shell it gets very hot!

When were you able to reserve the clam shells or Cabana? We are going 9/12 and were able to get a pool cabana at Amber Cove nothing is showing for HMC. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, gentlehyena said:

When were you able to reserve the clam shells or Cabana? We are going 9/12 and were able to get a pool cabana at Amber Cove nothing is showing for HMC. 

Thanks!

All of the HMC excursion options including clamshells and cabanas became available about 20 days before the cruise date. You should keep checking daily, they sold out in a hurry once they became available, even with the limited sailing capacity onboard.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TS4IA said:

All of the HMC excursion options including clamshells and cabanas became available about 20 days before the cruise date. You should keep checking daily, they sold out in a hurry once they became available, even with the limited sailing capacity onboard.

Thanks for the heads up, I will check daily! 34 days 4 hrs but who’s counting 😂

20 minutes ago, gentlehyena said:

Thanks for the heads up, I will check daily! 34 days 4 hrs but who’s counting 😂

Just logged on an behold there they were - snatched a cabana up ! Now I can dust off my suitcase and start packing ! Thanks again

• Like 1