Amber Cove Excursions

ILoveScotland

Three friends and I (all women of "a certain age") will be on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas later this year.  We will have a day in the Dominican Republic and need ideas about excursions other than the ones the ship will offer.  Can someone tell me about Amber Cove and possible excursions we might take there?

On 8/8/2021 at 12:32 AM, ILoveScotland said:

Three friends and I (all women of "a certain age") will be on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas later this year.  We will have a day in the Dominican Republic and need ideas about excursions other than the ones the ship will offer.  Can someone tell me about Amber Cove and possible excursions we might take there?

Just posted some information that might help

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2021 at 11:49 AM, eeyoreme said:

If I'm not mistaken, Amber Cove is owned by Carnival Corporation and only allows Carnival Corp. ships to dock.

Not sure who owns it, but my November NCL cruise has Amber Cove listed as a port stop. You may be thinking of Turks & Caicos, Carnival definitely owns that.

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2021 at 1:29 AM, SeaBrz said:

Not sure who owns it, but my November NCL cruise has Amber Cove listed as a port stop. You may be thinking of Turks & Caicos, Carnival definitely owns that.

Umm, Carnival actually DID build the port at Amber Cove.  As is the case with many of Carnival's built ports, the immediate port area is quite nice (secured area, large pool, cabanas, skyline bar, ziplines, etc.)   It appears that other cruise lines are currently "borrowing" it because the new cruise port near Puerta Plata hasn't been completed yet, and schedules remain COVID-light, allowing for some docking flexibility.

As for Turks & Caicos, you're referring to the island of Grand Turk, which Carnival does NOT own; it has the capital of the sovereign country of Turks & Caicos.   Carnival DID build the cruise port there, however, and IMO it's one of the nicest in the Caribbean.  

• Like 1