Seeking Advice: Final Payment Due & Kids' Vaccination Uncertain

JennAngel9

We have 2 weeks until final payment for a sailing in late November, and our kids are under 12.  We booked nearly a year ago and have never been asked by Celebrity about our vaccination status (and have always assumed we would cancel the cruise if we can't get them vaccinated).  We really, really want to take this cruise but are leaning against going if the kids can't get vaccinated (mostly to protect their grandparents and other seniors on the ship)-- and it sounds like new guidance will be coming out in the next few weeks.

Our deposit is non-refundable either way--but I presume if we make final payment that we will only be able to get FCC back if we decide not to sail? Has anybody been through this lately? As I understand the current "cruise with confidence" policy, we can cancel up to 48 hours before, but 100% of our payment amount gets converted to FCCs? Is there a chance we will be involuntarily denied boarding because there are too many other unvaccinated kids on board?  One more wrinkle, we have $3000 in FCC from 2019 that expired in 2020 that was then extended out to 2021, has anybody else had to deal with this?  Thanks!

6 hours ago, JennAngel9 said:

We have 2 weeks until final payment for a sailing in late November, and our kids are under 12.  We booked nearly a year ago and have never been asked by Celebrity about our vaccination status (and have always assumed we would cancel the cruise if we can't get them vaccinated).  We really, really want to take this cruise but are leaning against going if the kids can't get vaccinated (mostly to protect their grandparents and other seniors on the ship)-- and it sounds like new guidance will be coming out in the next few weeks.

Our deposit is non-refundable either way--but I presume if we make final payment that we will only be able to get FCC back if we decide not to sail? Has anybody been through this lately? As I understand the current "cruise with confidence" policy, we can cancel up to 48 hours before, but 100% of our payment amount gets converted to FCCs? Is there a chance we will be involuntarily denied boarding because there are too many other unvaccinated kids on board?  One more wrinkle, we have $3000 in FCC from 2019 that expired in 2020 that was then extended out to 2021, has anybody else had to deal with this?  Thanks!

It does say that they will test those under 12 before boarding and I believe during the trip. Another important note, with the Cruise With Confidence guarantee the trip has to be rebooked by April 2022 and sail by September 2022. 

• Like 1

Thanks.  Those dates aren't very prominent in the CwC promotional materials.  I certainly hope to be sailing by next September-- but I thought it would be a safe bet we'd be ready to sail by this November! 🙃