ALASKA 5/20/06 - Fishing, Helicopter Tours

2forthemoney

Can anyone help with info on fishing tours or helicopter tours?

We will be on the Summit, and from reading all the boards I would like to pre-schedule some of these tours since I'm reading that some can be sold out. Is this a wise idea? Or should I go through the ship?

Thank you!!!!!!!!

We used Coastal Helicopters at http://www.coastalhelicopters.com/ in Juneau. We booked the cruise very late, and all the ship's excursions were closed to booking, so we went independent with Coastal. They were excellent, and we really enjoyed landing on the glacier and walking around and taking pictures. We chose the Icefield Excursion. They have nice T-Shirts too. Bring a water bottle with you and you can get some clear glacier drinking water. It is also real nice that they refund your money if something goes wrong and the ship is later or the weather is bad.

We also used Coastal Helicopters...wonderful! Two years ago we used another company in Juneau, again wonderful! ERA or something like that. A fun thing to do on the way back to town from the airport is to have the van drop you off at the Alaskan Brewery. Free tastings, great t-shirts. When you get back to Juneau skip the bars with the crowds and head for the Alaskan Bar and Hotel...very funky with locals to chat with and some unbelievable wall decor. :eek: Sigh.....great memories!;)

Just in case anyone is interested, Kate and Irene have been reunited after over 30 years!! We managed to get in some trouble then, and are working on the future!! Thank You CC!!!:p

That is pretty neat.:)

See this board is not only finding out information about cruising but look at irene and Kate. I found each other after 30 years while answering the same thread. That is so neat. Although I feel sorry for the OP who started this thread. They want info on helicopter rides in Alaska but to their credit they re-joined friends after 30 years.

Marilyn

Archived