Covid on cruise ships - stats from the CDC

Katosmama

I came across this link on cruise ship Covid cases on the CDC website and I'm trying to understand it.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

I think that "restricted" voyages = voyages with passengers.  Also, I think any status other than fully green means that there is some Covid cases on board (but depending on the number, CDC may or may not investigate).  

So, if both of those assumptions are correct, of the 22 restricted voyages 16 of them have Covid cases on board?  73%?  

Am I reading this correctly?

As the text explains green means no reported cases,  orange means cases under a threshold value, yellow chest above a threshold value and thus require cdc investigation, red indicates cdc investigation has determined some actions are required.

Cases may be reported after a voyage by a local health unit. So not all cases may be aboard during a voyage. I believe the scheme is intended to identify ships that may have implementation issues so that corrective action may be taken.

I'm actually surprised that the number is only 73% given the current outbreak in most of the US.

I see more cases onboard, and ships sailing with greater % of pax....... WE warned them Delta was coming..................... Stay smart, watch the case numbers in other countries... GET VAXED! Wear your mask... over both your nose and mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Geeezzzzzz🤯

• Like 2