Jewel AB Penthouse Question

SCAN747

I will be sailing on the Jewel in April in an AB Penthouse and am hoping someone could answer a quick question for me.

There is a separate bedroom/bathroom. What are the bedding arrangements in the second bedroom? From what I've read and seen it looks like a pull-out couch and a upper-bed. Can anyone clarify? Does the lower-bed convert to two twins or is it just a full/queen?

If anyone can explain EXACTLY how it's set I up I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you!

Ken, you are correct. The pullout is one bed, and cannot be separated.

According to NCL's website deckplan info, the AB cabins are indeed rated for five passengers. That would work out to two in the master bedroom, and three in the second bedroom.

That said, I would imagine that the three in the second bedroom should certainly be children, as squeezing three adults into that room would likely be a horror show! :eek:

Hope this helps! :)

WaldosPepper......thanks for clarifying all that. It's exactly what I was looking for. Another question, if you don't mind...I've read on other threads concerning the Dawn and the Star that passengers in penthouse and up have access to a wireless phone onboard. Is this true for the Jewel as well?

cruisingfromMN......thanks for the pictures!!! They're a great help.

Well Ken, you've finally asked a question I can't answer! :eek: I'd like to think that the same things apply to the Jewel, but don't dare make the assumption. I'm getting ready to sail on the Dawn next Thursday, and I'm looking forward to the convenience of that phone! ;)

Hopefully someone who's been in an AB on the Jewel can offer clarification on your question. :)

Hope you have as great a time as I know we're going to have!

WaldosPepper......thanks for clarifying all that. It's exactly what I was looking for. Another question, if you don't mind...I've read on other threads concerning the Dawn and the Star that passengers in penthouse and up have access to a wireless phone onboard. Is this true for the Jewel as well?

cruisingfromMN......thanks for the pictures!!! They're a great help.

Let me help you out Pepper...yes, you do have access to to wireless phones to use about the Jewel if you are in a penthouse level cabin. They are a great convenience for arranging a number of things while out and about away from your cabin. Also, if you are traveling with other in penthouse level cabins you can keep in touch with them.

They are also a little bit of a badge of honor as the crew know exactly what kind of cabin you are if they see your "Bat Phone".

PE

Let me help you out Pepper...yes' date=' you do have access to to wireless phones to use about the Jewel if you are in a penthouse level cabin. They are a great convenience for arranging a number of things while out and about away from your cabin. Also, if you are traveling with other in penthouse level cabins you can keep in touch with them.

They are also a little bit of a badge of honor as the crew know exactly what kind of cabin you are if they see your "Bat Phone".

PE[/quote']

Thanks for that assistance PE! :D

I do have one question - how large is this phone? Is it small like a cell? Can it be hooked to a belt or is it cumbersome? Thanks in advance! :)

On the dawn they are probably 4" long and 1" thick ... much more than a cell phone. I don't recall a clip of any kind.

Thanks Trina!!! :D :D

That's only about an inch longer than my cell, and perahaps a smidge thicker. That I can deal with! I had visions of some obnoxiously large unit like a cordless. Quite relieved to hear it's tiny! ;)

Thanks for that assistance PE! :D

I do have one question - how large is this phone? Is it small like a cell? Can it be hooked to a belt or is it cumbersome? Thanks in advance! :)

The "Bat Phone" is about the size of an older (circa 1997) cell phone. :rolleyes: There is a plastic clip on the back of the phone that is removable but sits in the recharging cradle just fine without removing the clip. I carried ours around inside a front pocket (evening and daytime) with clip attached to the face of the pocket. They are very lightweigt and not at all cumbersome.

One other side note on the phone...you can record your own voice mail greeting if you wish and there are a number of different ring tones available. The other thing to remember is that the phone will not work more than about 200-300 feet away from the ship.

PE<---knows he would enjoy cruising with Pepper, from the comments she made on the favorite beverage thread... :cool:

This is great news! It's small enough to hide in a pocket, and the ringtones can be changed! :D Now, please tell me that the volume on the ringer is also adjustable, so as not to be obtrusive ...?

Pepper<----- knows that she'd love to sail with PE and Rumncoke - because of ALL the comments they make, regardless of the thread! ;)

Yes' date=' you can control the volume of the ringer and you can also use a vibration mode for the ringer. :eek:

PE<---knows Pepper is just buttering him up to get to Mister Tractor... :rolleyes:[/quote']

The phone can vibrate, eh? :D

Pepper<---wouldn't wanna mess with Mrs. Tractor! :eek: :D

Just to add to the benefits of the Bat Phone, I loved that I could call our cabin number from any house phone and find PE--way better than walkie talkies!! (Though I'm not sure PE always wanted to be found.:D)

Rumncoke<--- would almost upsell to a penthouse just for the phone! Well, throw in that coffeemaker and you got a deal!

Just to add to the benefits of the Bat Phone, I loved that I could call our cabin number from any house phone and find PE--way better than walkie talkies!! (Though I'm not sure PE always wanted to be found.:D)

Rumncoke<--- would almost upsell to a penthouse just for the phone! Well, throw in that coffeemaker and you got a deal!

RumnCoke - that's one of the features I'm most excited about. We're taking our 16 year old with us. If we give him permission to go to the arcade, for instance, we expect him to call if he's going to leave and go to another area. This is an ideal way for him to instantly let us know where he is and what he's doing. There will surely be plenty of times during sea days where he is not going to want to be attached at the hip to us old farts. :rolleyes: This allows us to keep tabs on him, without him feeling like we're being overly protective.

Now just God help him if he isn't where he's supposed to be, and didn't call to ask permission! :eek:

Pepper,

You guys are going to have such a great time! Please write a review the day you get back, I'm so jealous!

I'm so excited I lost my mind about a week ago! :eek: This is our first time in any kind of deluxe accomodations - usually we had a standard outside on the Majesty - whopping 108 sq. ft.! I am surely gonna think I've died and gone to heaven.

I will most assuredly write a review upon our return. I'll probably do some "live from the ship" posting as well! ;)

Waldo: I also have enjoyed "lurking" around your postings. Have a great time and come home safe....(just the mother in me)

I enjoy your posts as well. :) I promise to enjoy myself to the fullest, and report all my adventures upon my return - safely, of course. ;)

By the way, you can call me Pepper - all my friends do! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me how comfortable/uncomfortable the pullout bed is? We're thinking of taking my 80-year-old mother on our cruise and don't want her to be miserable.

If the pullout is anything like your average sofa bed, I think we'll pass.

Dan

Can anyone tell me how comfortable/uncomfortable the pullout bed is? We're thinking of taking my 80-year-old mother on our cruise and don't want her to be miserable.

If the pullout is anything like your average sofa bed, I think we'll pass.

Dan

My 22 yo son slept on it for 11 nights - no compaints - if fact said it was more comfortable then the sofa in the living room.

girlsroom2.jpg

We had 2 17 yr olds and a 7 yr old. We just had them remove the couch and put a rollaway in its place. There is a door the closes between the living room area and the bedroom for privacy. It worked out great. We figured we weren't going to be watching any tv anyway. I do have pictures of the second bedroom that I will downloading tomorrow. We stayed in 14512

Archived