ITALIAN PASSENGER LOCATOR FORM

hammsbear

Do you need to fill this out if just on a cruise where there are some  Italy stops but is not your final destination?

I have heard some say yes , but on the website for this form it states if Italy your final destination.

Thanks

16 minutes ago, hammsbear said:

Do you need to fill this out if just on a cruise where there are some  Italy stops but is not your final destination?

This may help (must complete before entering Italy from another jurisdiction) - it is not based on "final destination":

http://www.italia.it/en/useful-info/covid-19-updates-information-for-tourists.html

1 minute ago, hammsbear said:

THANKS. I WAS NOT 100% CERTAIN.

Yeah, it is for anyone entering Italy "any length of stay and for any reason".  Here is another Italian site to confirm that (see the "who has to complete the form" section -

https://www.salute.gov.it/portale/nuovocoronavirus/dettaglioContenutiNuovoCoronavirus.jsp?lingua=italiano&id=5412&area=nuovoCoronavirus&menu=vuoto&tab=11

Well, there is no way to enter a final destination port on the form unless its an Italian port.  I tried unsuccessfully on a Barcelona top Barcelona cruise.  So I have to conclude this form is only for folks entering and staying in Italy.  Where am I wrong?

2 hours ago, doublebzz said:

Well, there is no way to enter a final destination port on the form unless its an Italian port.

I got the impression from the instructions that one could enter other ports as final destination, but looks like only if it is a country that does not have its own "national" system for PLF.

Based on what you said, and since Spain has its own national system for PLF, it would appear you need to complete the "maritime" version of the Spain digital PLF showing Barcelona as your final stop and then list the Italian (or others) as intermediate.  Since the EU countries all communicate and share info between the national systems and the EUdigitalPLF, guess that is what was planned.

Here is the Spain national PLF link if you do not have it already - sorry if I confused.

https://spthm.puertos.es/

4 hours ago, KeepSailing said:

Here is the Spain national PLF link if you do not have it already - sorry if I confused.

https://spthm.puertos.es/

It appears that I will have to fill out the form 48 hours before flying to Barcelona.  Then, possibly, again on the ship 48 hours prior to debarking in Barcelona although this part of it is unclear.

Different context but I'm on an Azamara cruise from Athens, stopping at Cyprus - and we've been advised that as it's a cruise, we don't need to complete the Cyprus locator form, just the Greek one. But it's possible every country is making up their own rules. 

3 hours ago, korpo024 said:

Nobody will ask for it...not on the cruise and not on land. It's all a big administration joke.

We've been to Italy e few times this summer and are currently on Grandiosa... nobody cares.

Could you answer a couple of more questions as we are sailing on Grandiosa in two weeks.  (1) Is MSC requiring you purchase insurance direct from them or can you use your own insurance and; (2) does MSC prohibit you from leaving the ship in port visits unless you are on one of their tours?