Magnifica....May 30th...A Canadian Dreaming about.....

Kelownabccan

We are just itching to go on a cruise and the Baltic is one of our remaining "bucket list" areas to visit.....Have sailed MSC before so know about the cruise line and it's idiosyncrasies......for North American cruisers........anyways....what about the Magnifica???.....it does not have a high rating....seems to be a 3.5.....on the big site that starts with a V and ends with an O.....lol......anyways any thoughts as it looks like one we could do and visit relatives in England and the same time....or does anyone think there is a better one to look at.....the price with drink package was quite good for a balcony....Princess and HAL were way higher....almost double....wow...do not want to do more than a 14 day cruise also.....

And what about the "required COVID" insurance when trying to book and get a price.....wants me on the web site to include the cost but we have COVID insurance already from our Canadian medical travel insurance policy that is included........thoughts on that also???....is there a way around the extra charge of almost $700

We have sailed on her and enjoyed sailing on her. Not to big and not to small. Plenty of places to sit with bars in the evening with entertainment or indoors if the weather is bad unlike some of the bigger ships which have lost indoor space to sit due to domes and shopping and restaurants areas. 2 main restaurants, buffet and a couple of speciality restaurants. A good theatre and a good out door pool area and an indoor pool area too. We had a balcony right at the back deck 11 which was lovely. We are going back on the Magnifica on 1st May 12nights and we have booked an aurea suite this time towards the front. I personally wouldn't be going back on her if I didn't like her the 1st time round but what we like might not be what you like. 

A couple pictures of the Magnifica which we took when on our med cruise. She takes about 3000 paxs give or take so mid size. 

20190604_121521.jpg

20190607_142312.jpg

• Like 1

Cruiseforever11.....thanks.....mostly what I thought....a nice ship without all the glitz.....more of our kind.....I am surprised that not many people have commented....but you know most of the MSC blog people are from Europe as MSC is still mostly an unknown cruise line in NA..../////really like this cruise out of Britain....or they have another one two days longer on Sept 10.....will look at both but not book yet....to see what happens with the COVID.....now BC is starting up vaccine passports to get into bars and restaurants and other venues.....not sure if I like that....a two class system....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kelownabccan said:

Cruiseforever11.....thanks.....mostly what I thought....a nice ship without all the glitz.....more of our kind.....I am surprised that not many people have commented....but you know most of the MSC blog people are from Europe as MSC is still mostly an unknown cruise line in NA..../////really like this cruise out of Britain....or they have another one two days longer on Sept 10.....will look at both but not book yet....to see what happens with the COVID.....now BC is starting up vaccine passports to get into bars and restaurants and other venues.....not sure if I like that....a two class system....

Which ever you decide I'm sure you will have a fab time. The Magnifica was due an upgrade last year not sure now if this is still taking place or not. They were going to stretch her to put more cabins in. The Magnifica has no Yacht Club so you can get to a small opening at the front of the ship and you can get to the back as well. I'm looking forward to sailing back on her. The last couple of cruises we have done we have been on their biggest ships and don't get me wrong we had fab times on all of them but I do prefer the mid size class. Having said that going on the Seaside Sept 2022 but my daughter chose that for her 21st but she likes the newer bigger ships. The bigger ships are very get on board and wow but so are the mid size in their own way,  they all have that Italian style and if there is one thing I can say they are all so clean they all sparkle with or without crystal staircases! 

The covid thing is so confusing in the UK one min we can go somewhere the next we can't and our government changes its mind quicker than I can change a pair of shoes! 

The covid thing is so confusing in the UK one min we can go somewhere the next we can't and our government changes its mind quicker than I can change a pair of shoes! 

Love it......starting to get the same here.....and now they are talking about a super Delta that will overcome the vacs.....this is going on and on and on.....perhaps our days of cruising with thousands of people crammed on a ship is ending.....and here we can not even cross the border into the states by car.....