Magic 8/21-My experiences on the pre-cruise Covid test

jaymumma

We were tested this morning - it was super easy through the drive-through pharmacy window at Walgreens in Merritt Island (15 minutes from Port Canaveral).  We had the Rapid Diagnostic (NAAT) test and had our results emailed to us 30 minutes later.  All info required by Carnival is on the results page that we downloaded and printed.  We're negative and will be on Magic Thursday!  😊

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tomcatguy74 said:

Did you have to make an appointment and if so how far in advance did you have to make it?

Yes, had to made an appointment.  Availability and which test is on their website to schedule.

My local Walgreens only allowed you to book 2 days out.  Looks like others were able to schedule further out.

I would check out Walgreens and the CVS websites and see which will work for you 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2021 at 8:47 AM, jaymumma said:

On Wednesday, I went to my local Walgreens and received my pre-cruise rapid test (since I am vaxed), test came back negative....YEA, I can cruise.

Showed up at Port Canaveral, presented them with; my passport, boarding pass, vax card, and pre-cruise test.  Well....there's a problem...oh NO.  

Apparently, the test I received didn't report a few very important details for it to be acceptable for check in.  The email contained test results, but not additional pertinent information for the Carnival requirements for pre-screen process.  The test failed to have my name and birth date for them to process me.  Was ushered over to a holding area so that they could verify the information.  Basically, after waiting for 10mins, I had to log out of the test retrieval area (in my email) and log back into the site.  In order to log into the site (Walgreens reporting site), you had to enter your birthday.  I showed the agent, as I entered my birthdate, and was cleared to sale.

In short, make sure your test lists your name and birthdate on your test results or be prepared to have a slight hiccup in immediately getting on the ship.  

Thought this experience might be helpful for some, so you don't unnecessarily start stressing out before your vacation.  I'm a go with the flow guy, so no stressing on my end and all the Carnival port people were super nice, but certainly something to keep in mind.

BTW....while in the holding area, there was a lady who was tested on Tuesday (4 days prior to sailing).  She had also tested negative, but was denied sailing because she didn't follow the instructions of testing NO MORE THAN 3 days from sailing.  So....be sure to read all the emails Carnival sends you on the exact requirements.

Thank you for letting us know you were able to get on the ship.