Norwegian Upgrade question

rontron

15 hours ago, tafawke said:

That's how we Aussies say 19th of December - date then month... the number of times my birthday is recorded incorrectly - 9 October instead of 10 September.... 9/10 vs 10/9 because I moved to Canada.... I usually write dates out in full because of the confusion - sorry I forgot this time... 

You have the same birthday as my son. 🙂

• Like 1

Breakaway 11/7 sailing .   Just got upgraded from our inside to a balcony (category BA)  this morning.   I bid the difference between what we paid for the inside  6+ months ago (with our 10% rebooking discount )to the lowest priced balcony as of earlier this week after price drops.    Mid ship deck 14 cabin.  My only concern is what is above as deck 15 is pool deck so I expect some additional noise... 

I would have originally said that they don't ever drop the minimum bid amounts, but they did just that for my upcoming Norwegian Joy sailing.

ua.jpg.6fdc972e7c7230650bc7d951808ece46.jpg

Without the red text, I would not have known the minimum was lowered.

Never say never, I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeaShark said:

I would have originally said that they don't ever drop the minimum bid amounts, but they did just that for my upcoming Norwegian Joy sailing.

Is your cruise on November 18th?

Just curious as to why they chose that date.

1 minute ago, hhalliv said:

Is your cruise on November 18th?

Just curious as to why they chose that date.

Nope (cruise is on the 20th), I assume that the date is the cutoff in their system for bids on this cruise. I expect that everyone would see a date appropriate to their particular sail date.

2 hours ago, SeaShark said:

I got the same red alert for Breakaway offering me an upgrade at a certain scale of pricing good only for that one day!  Don't recall the "discount part" though.  I made a bid and it was accepted!

The rest of the cabins offered did not have that same red alert.

Edited by snorklinbarb

1 hour ago, snorklinbarb said:

I got the same red alert for Breakaway offering me an upgrade at a certain scale of pricing good only for that one day!  Don't recall the "discount part" though.  I made a bid and it was accepted!

Congratulations! Was yours also to upgrade to an ocean view cabin?

4 hours ago, snorklinbarb said:

How did you know about the minimum bid drop? Did you just happen to look?

15 hours ago, 2tnts said:

How did you know about the minimum bid drop? Did you just happen to look?

I don't even know if there was a minimum bid drop.  Only saw the red alert that it was good only for that same day I received it.  The minimum was $50pp to go from balcony to club balcony so those who know better could tell us if that was some sort of discount.  I know going from inside to ocvw has been $50 pp and to balcony for $100  pp per an upgrade offer  I received for end of September 2021 sailing.  

Going solo so have to pay double but I still bid and was successful.  Got a really nice cabin (with bed where I prefer) so I'm very pleased.

The other offers ranged from spa balcony to Haven and, of course, were significantly higher.

Edited by snorklinbarb
  • Like 2