Not Enough Stress In Your Cruising Life? Just Add a Hurricane to Corona Testing Worry!

Sauer-kraut

Oh Louisiana, got no banjo on my knee....  

I was totally stressing about getting my covid test done somewhere along the multi-day car trip down to the port of New Orleans. We are departing on the Glory October 3rd.   

Now Hurricane Ida seemingly will wreak havoc on the Crescent City.   This storm is a baddie, and supposedly worse than Katrina.  Look how long the City was in chaos after her.

😔🛳   

Thoughts for all who are in Ida's path.  Be safe.

For the sake of all involved, let’s hope your cruise is able to sail.

However people who are planning to cruise out of LA or TX need to be aware that the consequences of the storm pose a risk to them as well, certainly not to the life-altering extent as the people living it but significant nonetheless.

You are watching a super-spreader event unfold as people gather in shelters or evacuate to Texas where medical facilities are already stretched beyond capacity. People are dying of causes unrelated to Covid because they can’t get a hospital bed in time. You can’t afford to have an accident or a heart attack because you may not have access to the care you need.

People have said they feel perfectly safe being on a cruise ship, but they are not perfectly safe getting there when they are traveling through areas stressed by natural disaster and increasing cases of Covid.