43 days!

prog

First cruise in 43 days. My family and are are traveling with another family out of Galveston, on Elation....at least I think it will be Elation not Ecstasy? Going to Cozumel, Playa Mia Beach Break and local ruins on Progresso. Any ideas or advice you can give me is great. Coming all the way from Michigan to leave from Galveston....10 degrees today !

I think the best advice I could give any new cruiser is to stay on this board, particularly the Carnival section since you are sailing on Carnival, and read these threads. Ask specific questions as they arise. We are sailing on the Elation on Mar. 25th from Galveston. In 2004 we sailed on the Ecstacy which is a sister ship to the Elation. It's a great ship, and I hear the Elation is even prettier than the Ecstasy.

Just remember the food in the main dining rooms, Tiffany's, Pizza bar, room service is included in your cruise price. Also the sushi bar. I mention this because I heard (in this forum) about a pair of elderly sisters who brought along cheese and crackers and ate in their room for the duration, because they thought it was EXTRA!! So don't do that.

Also, read this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=293121

This just about says it all. By the way, if you get a chance visit Galveston. It's a cool city.

Ohhhhhhhhhh!!! You will LOVE the Elation...we sure did/do....lol! I guess everybody has their favorite spots on a ship, mine was either beside(portside) or behind Tiffany's. I liked just sitting & watching the water go by. I know you will have a wonderful cruise!! You will LOVE the CD..George, Jorge after 5.....he is so funny!:D

To Prog: Here is another link you might enjoy. This webcam is directed to the Ship Terminal in Galveston. From here you can watch Carnival (and other) ships arrive and depart. I think there is a Carnival ship every Thursday and Sat. Yesterday the Elation came and went. I missed its leaving, although I had hoped to see it. I was just too slow. ENJOY!

http://www.galveston.com/webcams/harborhouse/frameset.html

To Janis: Need I ask? If you have a photo album of the Elation posted somewhere I would love to see it. I am particularly interested in the ship, inside and out. If not,can you mail me some? dburns2@satx.rr.com

Archived