Apex Santorini tours?

Poconolady

I would appreciate any input from those who have sailed the Apex and have done a tour in Santorini. 
1. Where do tours to Oia end? In Fira (so you can get back to ship by yourself via cable car) or does the bus go to the tender site?

2. can you leave the tour in Fira?

3. Did anyone dyi  (off ship) their time in Santorini?We have done this on previous visits, but are unsure about bus connections, etc in these covid times.

Thank You!

3 hours ago, Poconolady said:

I would appreciate any input from those who have sailed the Apex and have done a tour in Santorini. 
1. Where do tours to Oia end? In Fira (so you can get back to ship by yourself via cable car) or does the bus go to the tender site?

2. can you leave the tour in Fira?

3. Did anyone dyi  (off ship) their time in Santorini?We have done this on previous visits, but are unsure about bus connections, etc in these covid times.

Thank You!

We did an Oia tour last week. You could choose to return to the ship on the tour to leave to go back via cable car in Fira. 

I was on the Apex in July, and did Fira/Oia on my own.  It was very simple.  Tender to shore, catch cable car up to Fira.  I walked along the alleys, heading in the general (to the right of the cable car) towards the bus station.  Waited for bus to Oia, road the bus, got off in Oia.  Wandered the alleys all over Oia, caught the bus back to Fira, walked along alley on edge of city, and took the cable car down.  All super easy, and relaxing.  I did wear a mask the whole time, except when I ate ice cream.  Most people were not wearing masks, but I didn't want to take a risk.  YMMV.

• Thanks 1