Sailing Elation in October

jkneern

1 hour ago, jkneern said:

We are sailing in October and I think it will be Elation's 2nd sailing out of Port Canaveral. I have read most ships start out sailing at 50%?  Does anyone know if his is true ?  

News to me. The earlier ships started about 70%. Capacity has been falling and those shorter cruises are harder to fill. It's not a on purpose capacity is falling.

• 1 month later...

We are on the 3rd Elation Sailing...I have had 2 personal reports from those that have cruised Carnival already of the 50%-70% capacity. I have also seen it on recent YouTube videos. 

I cannot speak to the "on purpose" specifically, but have seen RCCL cruises that resemble "ghost towns". Who knows?! Will experience Soon!

On 9/8/2021 at 7:15 PM, jkneern said:

We are sailing in October and I think it will be Elation's 2nd sailing out of Port Canaveral. I have read most ships start out sailing at 50%?  Does anyone know if his is true ?  

Have fun!  And come back to share your thoughts!  

10 hours ago, allymarie said:

We are on the 3rd Elation Sailing...I have had 2 personal reports from those that have cruised Carnival already of the 50%-70% capacity. I have also seen it on recent YouTube videos. 

I cannot speak to the "on purpose" specifically, but have seen RCCL cruises that resemble "ghost towns". Who knows?! Will experience Soon!

BE sure to come back and post a review!

24 minutes ago, Solo1959 said:

I just got off the Elation yesterday, the first cruise back. The Cruise Director told us that we were at "just under 60%" occupancy.

Any thoughts?  Menus?  Tips?

Looking for info you guys, as we are sailing her in NOV!

On 10/17/2021 at 9:35 AM, Solo1959 said:

I just got off the Elation yesterday, the first cruise back. The Cruise Director told us that we were at "just under 60%" occupancy.

Did you post a review?  Going on Elation in Dec and would love to hear about it. 

1 minute ago, wgeddings said:

Did you post a review?  Going on Elation in Dec and would love to hear about it. 

I wrote a review but it is in the 'review' stage on CC. Basically, this was the ship's 1st cruise in a year and a half so all new (to the ship) staff working with new teams, new supervisors, new protocols, new dinner menus, etc. The first few days were a bit ... off. But they started to get their rhythm in a few days. Things improved and got good.

I think the primary focus of Carnival for this first cruise was "just make sure everybody is happy." They bent over backward to help. Customer service was excellent even though there were glitches during the cruise. They made things right for me, no questions asked. Just overly helpful and happy to be back working.

The food and the buffet were a million times better than on the Carnival Magic just a month ago. Some of the entertainers were spectacular especially a guitarist who played the pre-show for the Epic Rock on the last night of the cruise. I didn't care for Epic Rock because it was canned music playing with poor to mediocre signers, and dances that didn't relate to the songs. But the pre-show is NOT TO BE MISSED.

The ship is beautiful after dry dock and renovation. Nassau was ... Nassau, and Amber Cove was really nice.

Things were broken: the a/c in my room didn't work so they moved me, the lights in the dining room were off and we ate in the dark for a few nights. No hot water in my new room. But by the end of the cruise things were being put back together and fixed and working.

I love the Elation, one of my favorite ships and I was glad to be back on her for this inaugural cruise. Again, there were glitches getting back to cruising, but most of them were fixed within days or by the end of the cruise. They probably still have some things to do, but they went above and beyond to make sure we were satisfied.

1 minute ago, Solo1959 said:

I wrote a review but it is in the 'review' stage on CC. Basically, this was the ship's 1st cruise in a year and a half so all new (to the ship) staff working with new teams, new supervisors, new protocols, new dinner menus, etc. The first few days were a bit ... off. But they started to get their rhythm in a few days. Things improved and got good.

I think the primary focus of Carnival for this first cruise was "just make sure everybody is happy." They bent over backward to help. Customer service was excellent even though there were glitches during the cruise. They made things right for me, no questions asked. Just overly helpful and happy to be back working.

The food and the buffet were a million times better than on the Carnival Magic just a month ago. Some of the entertainers were spectacular especially a guitarist who played the pre-show for the Epic Rock on the last night of the cruise. I didn't care for Epic Rock because it was canned music playing with poor to mediocre signers, and dances that didn't relate to the songs. But the pre-show is NOT TO BE MISSED.

The ship is beautiful after dry dock and renovation. Nassau was ... Nassau, and Amber Cove was really nice.

Things were broken: the a/c in my room didn't work so they moved me, the lights in the dining room were off and we ate in the dark for a few nights. No hot water in my new room. But by the end of the cruise things were being put back together and fixed and working.

I love the Elation, one of my favorite ships and I was glad to be back on her for this inaugural cruise. Again, there were glitches getting back to cruising, but most of them were fixed within days or by the end of the cruise. They probably still have some things to do, but they went above and beyond to make sure we were satisfied.

Thanks!  So glad to hear.  I know what you mean about crew working out kinks (we were on Horizon first of August and MSC Divina first of Oct) but having more room on the ship was an awesome trade off.  Elation seemed older and smaller than many ships we have taken for a while so glad to hear food was good.  

hope they approve your review soon and I’ll try to watch for it.  This forum or another?