Port Canaveral - Parking

jimmyatc

Hi everyone :)

Is Valet Parking available at Port Canaveral terminal or is it self-service only? We are travelling on the Mariner of the Seas.

Thank you

Just a thought about parking. When we sailed in '04 we waited in the line to drop off our bags....big mistake. better to bear right and go directly to the parking garage. then [hopefully your luggage is on wheels] bring your luggage to the sky caps for drop off. Anyone else have to wait for 2 hours on line? in the heat? with the motor running?

Hi everyone :)

Is Valet Parking available at Port Canaveral terminal or is it self-service only? We are travelling on the Mariner of the Seas.

Thank you

Just to let you know, pricing has increased over the last year. It's now $ 12.00/day for a total of $ 84.00/7 night cruise.

Anyone know if they have short term parking there? We will have a rental car, and before we return the rental, we'd like to drop off our bags and then check in. We're wanting to return the rental car after we check in, but before we board. Is this doable? Or would be just better off returning the rental car first and having to schlepp all our bags via the rental car shuttle?

There is LIMITED free parking near the terminals but I would strongly recommend that you drop off the rental car and take the shuttle. That way you won't have to leave your family at the terminal while you are returning the car. Plus, the rental car shuttles have a dedicated driveway and drop you off right next to the doors of the terminal.

:cool:

Just to let you know, pricing has increased over the last year. It's now $ 12.00/day for a total of $ 84.00/7 night cruise.

Another option, we stayed at the Radisson (the night before our cruise) and had Free parking for the length of our cruise. They have a shuttle to take you to the port and pick you up after your cruise!

BTW, the room was less than the parking garage.

I sailed on Jan. 15 (Mariner) - I arrived at 10:45 - I dropped of my bags, paid for parking, parked my car and was in the terminal 10 minutes (or less) later.

Well that's good to here. We arrived at 11 am in '04 and waited all that time. Never did find out why. I thought it was always like that. This year we planned on walking our own bags but if it is smooth sailing we won't have to.

Another option, we stayed at the Radisson (the night before our cruise) and had Free parking for the length of our cruise. They have a shuttle to take you to the port and pick you up after your cruise!

BTW, the room was less than the parking garage.

The Radisson let you keep your car in their parking area for the enitre cruise? Do they have covered parking or is it an outside lot?

The Radisson let you keep your car in their parking area for the enitre cruise? Do they have covered parking or is it an outside lot?

Yes, we kept the car at the hotel for the entire cruise. They have a huge lot behind the hotel (uncovered) and it is patroled by security as well.

Quality Suites in Cocoa Beach and the Radison in Port Canaveral offer "park & cruise" deals - If you stay the night before at the hotel parking and the shuttle to and from the hotel is free. We stayed at the Quality Suites. They use the Radison parking lot and shuttle, and are about 4 miles from the dock, but the room was great and the price was less than the Radison. If you're planning to come in the night before, this saves you the parking fee at the terminal.

Thinking about doing this for our Mariner March 19th. How long of a wait to get shuttle once you return. I've read alot of posting on TripAdvisor that said they waiting forever when returning.

Thanks for the help!

Hi ,

The parking and dropping off your luggage in Tampa will be a breeze. I’ll try and describe the area to you the best I can. There is a traffic circle right in front of the terminal, across from the parking garage. I have not departed from Tampa so it’s hard for me to say exactly where the drop off location is. The parking garage can’t be more than the length of a football field to the port entrance. Most of the time you see people with luggage on wheel, rolling across the crosswalk. There is also a very nice shopping area connected to the port entrance.

Hope this helps!

For our Mariner cruise we stayed at the Radisson even though we live an hour away from the port. We wanted to have a hassle free vacation. The price of the room was less than the parking, but the line for the shuttle was a mess. We decided to call a cab. It cost us $10 for the ride and was well worth it! Our car was fine in the hotel parking lot.

Archived