Cheers package questions

Buffalobills

Depends on where you sail from New York and Texas 2nd day

They pour into a cup(but someone will be around saying they always get cans)

No sure but I'm going to say yes since you pay for that last day when you pay for cheers.

Order and try new things if you don't like it order something else

You are not paying for cheers the day you leave. If you board on Sat in Miami you pay for 7 days which gets you through Friday. If you’re in a place that it starts on day 2 you’re paying for 6-days of Cheers. I’ve never tried but I don’t believe you can order drinks on Cheers on the last morning. Services are very limited because they are prepping for the next group.

With soda I’ve always had them pour a warm soda over a glass of ice so it’s pretty flat when you get it. They don’t give you the entire can. Some bartenders may be more rule-friendly than others so someone may have gotten the can but that is generally not the rule.

7 hours ago, Buffalobills said:

When does it start right when we board or International waters?

Full can of soda or is it just a cup?

Last day of cruise can I still get a cappuccino for the road?

If anyone has any tips or suggestions of what the best drinks are please share away…

The coffee bar on some of the newer ships like Horizon, Vista And Panorama have a self serve case of cold drinks for purchase. You can pick a full can of soda under Cheers. @SNJCruisers has posted this along with a photo of the case. 

Cheers goes from 600 AM -559 AM, so it is not included on disembarkation morning, but unless you're sailing from Galveston or NYC, it starts as soon as you get on board.  The best place to get your soda is at Java Blue Cafe because that is where they have canned soda and you get the whole can, it's not a bar.  Now, this is true on the Excel Class and Vista Class ships.  Don't know if the older ships in the fleet do it the same way or not.  The best drinks are located at the Alchemy Bar, unless you're on the Mardi Gras, then you can add the Fortune Teller Bar, Red Frog Tiki Bar and Brass Magnolia Bar to the list.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, simmingdenise said:

You are not paying for cheers the day you leave. If you board on Sat in Miami you pay for 7 days which gets you through Friday. If you’re in a place that it starts on day 2 you’re paying for 6-days of Cheers. I’ve never tried but I don’t believe you can order drinks on Cheers on the last morning. Services are very limited because they are prepping for the next group.

With soda I’ve always had them pour a warm soda over a glass of ice so it’s pretty flat when you get it. They don’t give you the entire can. Some bartenders may be more rule-friendly than others so someone may have gotten the can but that is generally not the rule.

I would argue that more times than not I receive the full can of soda with cheers and not once have I asked for it. 

We were able to get coffees from the coffee shop, including spiked coffees, as well as bottled drinks on debarkation morning on Horizon in 2018. We got 7 or 8 bottled drinks on Cheers for our drive home, and a couple of cappuccinos to drink while we waited for our number to be called.

CHEERS! starts as soon as you board the ship unless you are leaving from Texas or New York.  The international waters thing only applies to taxes being charged on your drinks.  If you are still in port and order a drink you will be charged the applicable tax.

Technically you would not be covered under CHEERS! on debarkation day.  As it was already said, CHEERS! resets at 6am each morning.  I don't know all of the fine print on that, though.  The 6am reset could be only for alcoholic beverages.